∞ 22

When I left the party, I did my best to erase Kendra from my mind. Seeing her again was a great surprise and all, but I really hoped she understood that we could be nothing but friends. Kendra and I had only spent a day together when we did actually know each other so I doubt she still had many feelings for me other than sexual. She was a beautiful girl and I'm sure she has been through plenty of relationships to even still be hung up on me in any way. If she hasn't changed much since we first met, I hoped her and I could be friends but if not then we'll just have to go our separate ways like we've done before.

I knocked on Z's apartment door. From the inside, I could hear tons of laughter over the music Emery and her friends were blasting. The music was so loud that I doubted they even heard my knock. Sighing, I raised my fist again to give the door a louder pound but before I could, the door swung open. Emery stood there with a huge smile on her and money in her hand. She was wearing a tank top and short shorts that were a little bit revealing, but I didn't care since she was just around her friends. I doubted Z was into girls one bit, Frankie was over Emery and Otis and Danny could look all they wanted, but they knew they had no chance with her.

"You're not the pizza guy," she told me with a small frown. I decided to look behind her to see what was going on inside. All of her friends were sitting in a circle minding their own business, except one: Portia. What the f-ck was she even doing there? I didn't know she was that close with Emery's friends as well. Most importantly, what the f-ck was Emery doing wearing basically nothing around her? I clenched my jaw and gave Portia a threatening glare as she stared at me. She quickly looked away and Emery looked behind me to see who I was staring at. "What are you doing here, Ling Ling," she asked me casually. I guess she couldn't piece together what or who I was looking at.

I shook off all of the animosity for Portia and focused on my girlfriend. "I went to a party and it sucked so I came to see my little burrito," I purred to her as I stepped closer to her. I put my hands on her hips and kissed her neck softly. "I'm really horny, baby girl," I admitted as I took in her scent.

The last thing I expected Emery to do was for her to step away from me. She took my hands from her hips and instead held them with her own. "That's nice and all, but I'm with my friends, baby. We're having a slumber party and I don't want to leave them."

"We can just go to my car for a few minutes, I doubt they'll notice," I tried once again with a smirk but Emery wasn't having it. She didn't even blink. I groaned and looked past her to see Portia staring once again. For the second time, I scowled at her and Emery looked behind me and finally caught who I was looking at. She turned back to me swiftly and let go of my hands.

"Can you not be rude? She's my friend, Julian," she scolded me. I rolled my eyes and looked away from Portia. It was obvious that I wasn't getting any tonight and that Emery wasn't going to ditch her friends for me so I gave in.

"Fine. I'm sorry. You're right. Have fun with your friends, Em." The last thing I wanted was to leave her with Portia even if all of her friends were around. I had trust in Frankie that she would tell me if Portia tried something, but I could never be too sure. "Can we go to lunch tomorrow to make it up?"

"I have rehearsals all day tomorrow. The play is coming up in just a couple of weeks so I may be really busy. How about dinner instead? It may be late but I can make it up to you then. I'll text you, okay," Emery insisted. At least she was willing to make things up to me. She genuinely looked like she felt bad and I didn't want her to feel that way because I knew there were going to be times when I was too busy to spend time with her as well, with all of the games coming up.

"I'll only go to dinner with you if I get dessert as well," I teased with a slight chuckle.

She giggled and pushed my shoulders playfully. "Why are you so horny tonight, Baby J? Go take a cold shower."