Only Things I Have

"You must be a fan?" Riker smiled.
"Yes, very much. Your music is pretty much the only thing that's kept me going the past year. It was the last thing my mother gave me before she...wait where's my bag?" She asked starting to get frantic, "And my necklace?" As her hands shot to her neck. She was getting distraught.
"Relax, it's right here on the chair," Riker said in a soothing tone going over to the chair beside her bed. He picked up the army green messenger back and handed to her. "The necklace is in the side pocket. The doctors had to take it off when they had to exam you and take x-rays, I put it in your bag so it wouldn't get lost."
"Thanks," Sarah said as she put the necklace on. It was a silver infinity loop on a silver chain, and through the loop was a heart. "My mom gave me this necklace for the same birthday as the R5 CDs. She said she would love me forever, to infinity and back." She started searching through her bag just making sure everything was there.
"I also put your clothes in there as well, since they put you in the hospital gown." Riker said as he watched her pull out the clothes and a few other items. She didn't have much in the bag, Riker noticed.
"I know your step-father said not to go back, but we'll all go back with you to get the rest of your stuff if you want."
"I don't have anything else," Sarah said quietly.
"That's all you have?" Riker asked, pointing to the bag, trying not to sound too empathetic.
"Yeah," she replied shoving everything back in the bag. "Not long after my mom died, my step-father took all my stuff away and sold it. I managed to hide the CDs and my necklace, but not much else. He allowed me to keep a few sets of clothing, so he wouldn't have to buy anymore, but you can see how old and worn they've gotten." She stopped, staring at the clothes she was now putting back in her bag.
"I sorry to hear that. I wish there was something I could do to help."
"Me too." Sarah's eyes were getting ready to cry again, but she didn't want to cry in front of him. Riker noticed her, but instead of saying anything, he sat next to her on the bed and embraced her. Sarah flinched as she usually did when someone touched her, normally it was her step-father. However, Riker's touch was very gentle, and she couldn't fight back the tears anymore.