Chapter 4

Pearl Residences, Geneva, 3:45 pm

Giggs walked into the room in which Mohammed was resting. Fortunately for him his boss was awake. "Um...you might want to see the news." His voice was trembling with fear.

They walked into the living room. The 50-inch flat screen was on, with the news channel on. Mohammed's eyes got bigger as he brought his face closer to the screen. What the hell has he done?

13 KILLED IN TERRORIST ATTACK ON CERN FACILITY

"He better not have killed the professor." Mohammed grumbled. He turned to Giggs "Get me the phone."

While Giggs went to get the phone, Mohammed listened to the news.

"Witnesses claimed that the terrorists were shouting 'Allahu Akbar' leading many to believe that this was an attack carried out by the Islamic State but they have not yet claimed responsibility. The attack occurred just a day after two mysterious murders linked to the CERN facility."

"What the hell have you done?!" barked Mohammed through the phone. He was burning with rage, if they had been exposed, all of them would be in big trouble, "Don't worry the professor is alive. Kidnapping him alone would be too suspicious so we staged a terror attack."

Mohammed started to breathe a little easier. "Okay fine get him here as soon as possible. I don't want any errors this time." And cut the phone.

* * *

Unknown Hideout, Geneva, 5:10 pm

Professor Sadowsky slouched in the chair where he was tied to. There was no one else in his vicinity. Nothing but darkness. He couldn't even see himself in pitch, black darkness. How long have I been here, hours?

The atmosphere was eerily silent. Sadowsky sniffed the air. The smell was unpleasant. Petroleum? Bitumen? He tried to stretch his legs only to find out that his legs were tied to the chair. He jerked backwards and the chair banged to the ground. Shattering the silence, one of the wooden legs creaked. The force of the fall loosened one of the legs.

Unfortunately, Sadowsky's legs were tied to the chair. He was hopeless on the cold, hard floor. It felt as if he was lying on a solid ice block. You have got to be kidding me.

Sadowsky tried to stretch his legs to the fullest and at the same time lean back. He felt weak, hopeless. They've drained my juice. He stopped to take a break. He couldn't go any further.

Ten minutes later the pitch-black darkness slowly lit up just as the door creaked open, shedding light on Sadowsky's face.

"Is anyone there?" croaked Sadowsky.

No one answered.

The Hair on Sadowsky's neck stood up. The silhouette of the figure was visible, it looked eerily similar but he couldn't recognize it.

The silhouette moved steadily forward until the man appeared. Sadowsky heard the sounds of footsteps on a puddle. His heart was beating faster with each passing second.

Friend or foe?

The man bent down to untie Sadowsky from his chair. That body shape. He fiercely pulled out the ropes off the chair which left rashes on Sadowsky's back and arms. He howled in pain. Ignoring the loud screams, Sadowsky's captor held him by his collar and brought him up with his brute strength. "Who are you?" whispered Sadowsky into the man's ears.

There was no reply.

The man gripped Sadowsky's arm and twisted it behind his back. He kept pushing Sadowsky with his elbow towards the dim source of light that turned out to be the exit.

Sadowsky found it difficult to keep his eyelids open. Oh. For a nice, warm bed.

As soon as Sadowsky's captor took him out of the dark, room and left him he dropped to ground. His eyelids were shut all he could hear were faint voices. "Has he been drugged?" asked another person who had a Russian accent. "No, exhaustion" replied another person. That voice.

It was the last thing he heard before he blacked out.

* * *