Chapter 5

Cointroin Airport, Geneva, 5:53 pm

"Welcome to Switzerland!" welcomed the air hostess as a well-groomed man, who looked to be in his fifties exited the Qatar Airways Boeing 737-700. He slowly returned the favour by grinning back. His dry lips and oily skin displayed his ignorance for skin care.

"Nicholas?" called out the man whose accent was Indian. At his request an old wrinkled man, with white wispy hair arrived. "Yes sir?"

"Tell them I that I've arrived" commanded the Indian.

"Right away sir" and walked away.

* * *

Pearl Residences, Geneva, Switzerland, 6:09 pm

Mohammed's hands were trembling "So early? He's arrived so early?" He turned towards Giggs. "You said he would arrive tomorrow."

Giggs shrugged "That's what he told me." He looked at his watch. "And your excuse for killing the physicist?" he asked as he adjusted his metallic frame glasses.

Mohammed sighed "I'm still thinking."

"He should arrive..." Giggs paused and glanced at his Rolex "within an hour." He finished.

Mohammed recalled the last time he had met face-to-face with his boss, six months ago.

All the nine members were present at the round table on the top floor of the skyline residence at Mumbai, India. The room had an amber glow with leather chairs and a long glass table surround by artefacts. Mohammed attempted to identify them. They were Mesopotamian, Greek, Aztec, Ancient Indian. One particular stood out. It was confined inside a bulletproof glass case, an idol of the dancing Shiva, performing the dance of destruction.

The boss placed his hand on the table, "you said that this was an emergency situation. Am I right, Adrian?"

The Romanian shot up, "yes sir".

Mohammed sat face-to-face with the boss, separated by a distance of six feet. They glared into each other's eyes. He didn't like his boss; he had the intention of overthrowing him from his position.

Adrian revealed his findings, "Last week-uh, we were spying on the Italian physicist Dr. Del Piero and-uh we think that he's onto something big." He paused, "really big."

All eyes and ears were on him.

"The research he's doing, if proven correct, could be bigger than what Albert Einstein discovered."

Adrian unzipped his laptop bag and pulled out his laptop, a dell. He took about a minute on his dell before he displayed an image on the screen.

"This photo was taken last week at a CERN institute in Geneva. We couldn't break into his office but this is the best we've got" announced Adrian. He pushed the laptop closer towards the boss.

A tall, spectacled, blonde haired man glanced at the screen, "Looks like some mathematical mumbo jumbo to me."

The boss bent down towards the laptop screen. In the image was a window, open providing a clear view of the room inside, surrounded by bushes. In the room was a large blackboard, with huge equations. He whispered two words, "Dear god."

The boss sat straight, "Mohammed, Giggs and Lorssen" he called out.

All three of them shot up.

"I want you to shift all your operations to Geneva, find out what he knows and," he paused, "I want him alive." He finished.

"Mohammed!" Giggs called out. Mohammed snapped out of his flashback, here he was, back to Geneva. "The professor passed out so we can't interrogate him and you gotta come up something fast" informed Giggs.