Chapter 10

Vienna International Airport, Vienna, 6:56 am

LaRusso dawned upon at the horizon. The sun was just rising early in the chilly morning. Broderick was just behind him; he tucked his phone into the pocket of his brown leather jacket and waited for the police escort alongside his senior.

LaRusso had been touch with the local authorities; all public places were heavily guarded with state-of-the-art technology and security personnel. If those men could evade Swiss security and pass through the international border they were dangerous, very dangerous.

Gradually, the sky lit up and it was broad daylight. It was just then when Broderick's iphone continuously buzzed; he had kept it on silent mode and had forgot to change the settings back to normal. He glanced at the screen, it was Patricia LeClaire.

"Hello?" he inquired; he was wondering why she would call so early, maybe it was something important.

"Robert?"

"Yes?" he said, confirming that Patricia was speaking to the right person.

"We have some new intel. You're not gonna believe this." Updated Patricia, who, was French but was fluent in the English language.

"Source?"

"The FBI from the United States." FBI?! Broderick was bit thrown aback. The last thing he wanted was the Americans to get involved but that was their nature, always trying to intervene. He just hoped Russians wouldn't come in the way to oppose the Americans and then start some sort of inside war.

"Shocked? Get ready for this," she warned, Broderick couldn't wait to hear the news.

"You're chasing after the wrong suspect, he is innocent."

Broderick twisted his face. What the-?! His initial thoughts were that this was all an inside job, an infiltrator then he realized why he had come here in the first place, there was another infiltrator.

"Get me everything you have on Gerard Silvestre," he ordered.

"Who is that supposed to be?" Patricia had no idea what this guy was talking about.

Broderick sighed, "The Swiss officer from Geneva, oh and I'm in Vienna."

"Why the hell are you-?" she was cut off immediately by her colleague, "Forget about that, just get me my intel." He firmly commanded, abruptly ending the conversation.

He cut the line and stuffed his phone back into his pocket, this time rather aggressively, as if he was a bit annoyed.

An Audi in polished silver came to a screeching halt in front of them. At first LaRusso thought they had the wrong people but then noticed the words on the hood of the car in bold blue.

POLIZEI

"It's them," announced LaRusso. The man sitting beside the driver rolled down his window, "Interpol?"

Broderick flashed his ID card; the man in the car narrowed his eyes on the card. He then took his eyes off it and looked at the two.

"Welcome," he greeted with an expression that lacked enthusiasm.

The door of the sedan swung open giving way to the Interpol officers. The two of them entered the car's rear seating and they began moving ahead.

* * *