Chapter 9

F.B.I HQ, Washington DC, 9:45 pm (3:45 am Local time)

Agent Eisenhower shut his Sony Vaio as the audio file ended. He looked at the two college students who had brought him one of the biggest twists related to the recent attacks that took place. He gave himself a light laugh, "this has got to be one of the craziest days of my life!"

Gabriel and Mavis exchanged glances. Our professor is kidnapped and this guy is laughing his head off? The building was eerily silent, mostly because it was three forty five in the morning. The only reason Eisenhower was here because it was a 'twist that would shock the world'.

"It sure as hell is going to shock the world!" he exclaimed, agreeing with their statement. "The Islamic State hasn't released a statement, nor have Al-Qaida. It seems pretty convincing to me" he said.

He now got serious, "If this isn't related to Islamic extremism, what is it?" No one the room knew the exact answer to that question.

Mavis spoke up, "In the file, the other guy asks 'what do you know? Like he's demanding information" she informed. Gabriel let out a sigh, "The file goes blank after that."

"This information has to be shared with the Swiss, they're gonna need our assistance, our citizen is in danger and who knows what these people are up to next." Eisenhower's tone was dead serious.

This was matter of international security.

* * *

Gold Horizon Hotel, Vienna, 10:06 pm

"Have a seat" Subramanian said to Sadowsky, who just looked in confusion. Does this guy have a double identity or is he plain crazy? He had rough day, he was kidnapped, shot at, tortured, stuffed in a bag and drugged all because of that man, Subramanian.

Now, he was offering him a seat in a five star hotel suite and an exotic vegetarian meal. "Perhaps we got off the wrong foot." Got off the wrong foot?!

"I think you should live your life while you can." Oh here he is.

Sadowsky sat down and began having his meal. His kidnapper joined him. "You have a family, professor?" He stopped cold; he hadn't seen his family in years. He really didn't feel like talking about it but he finally managed to do it, "My wife passed away, my son was kidnapped." He said with his voice shaking, he had no one to call his own.

Subramanian's stone cold heart made Sadowsky feel worse, "Don't worry, once we get our hands on that pen drive you'll join them."

"Join them?" Sadowsky growled. He was furious inside, so much rage. He wanted to tear him into pieces, crack his skull. Gradually, his anger cooled down, he managed to calm himself down. "There is no joining anybody. Death is death."

Subramanian laughed at the professor's remark, the man who taught ancient history at prestigious colleges in the United States didn't know anything about the scientific advancements of the ancient world, "You are so naive, my friend." He continued laughing.

"Death," he said, "is only the beginning."

Sadowsky couldn't believe what he was hearing. It seems that even Subramanian had the joined the club of incompetent science fiction fans.

"Okay, so we go to heaven?" he asked sarcastically. Now, he had forgotten everything about his family and focused his attention on his captor.

Subramanian nodded, answering Sadowsky's sarcastically asked question with one simple action.