The first letter...

#SAIRA MEHOTRA#

It was first day of my 2nd year. Summer vacations were totally awesome, as I & Shirish, my boyfriend went on a trekking trip. I was in no good mood to resume back to college. Those hectic schedules, studies, exams & what not made me sick already. Gia, my best friend, lab partner, bench partner etc was the best medicine to the illness called as "college". I hated the rule of 75% of attendance. I still remember the principal yelling on the very first day of college.
"75% of attendance is compulsory or else you won't be able to write your finals." Whenever I used to talk about bunking, everyone in the group made me silent by saying this sentence over & over.

As we entered the college gate, something struck my feet. I bent down to pick up the scroll. It was a golden paper rolled & tied up with a red satin ribbon & a star was stuck to the middle of the knot. I turned it to see if there was any name. Saira was written on it in beautiful calligraphy. Wait, the letter was for me? What if there's another Saira in our college?

I went to the canteen & asked for a latte. I looked at it more carefully. It was a crisp hand made paper. I slowly untied the knot & opened the letter. If it wasn't for me I would surely return it but I need to check first.

Saira Mehotra,

What a beautiful day it is! First day college but you as usual don't look eager at all. Your beautiful white floral dress suits you perfectly. Your rough curls bounce & give you more beauty. The peach lip gloss looks stunning as always.

I got scared. How did he knew about the dress I was going to wear? Even the flavour of my lip gloss? The letter was lying there before I came & no one had seen me precisely to know this small details about me. Who was he?

Don't get mad at me please. I am not passing comment but complimenting you. Don't look so scared I don't bite. Here's something for you.

*Those little eyes which dream a thousand dreams,
Oh! like the sun they are, radiating a thousand more.
Those innocent gestures which talk more than words,
Oh! like that whisper they are, which speak a little more.

To that girl with a silent mind and a decent persona, I write;
To that girl with a vibrant smile and an elegant posture, I write;
To you, my lady, I ever write, my words measly,
My thoughts reflect your mien, Oh! So bright!*

~Anonymous.

I took a deep breathe, drank the whole latte in a sip & finally I crumbled the letter & threw in the bin.

#Writer's words
Hey guys this my first ever book. Hope you guys liked the first chapter. The poem is written by anonymous only.