h e r

Dedication to the ever awesome sarchastic (you never stop to faze me, Feba. It's like you're one ball of coolness stuffed). I've been pestering this beautiful girl for covers since my Loving me (or Under the Same Sky) days and she's always responsive.

Edit done by her. She's literally my teaching guru. If you want pixlr tutorials, go check out her second account sarcastically-

Posted on May 23th, 2016.

                                                   h e r

856.5k

I looked at the digits in front of me.

When did it get this huge? For me, writing was my escape. I literally hadn't notice that my book had fared so much reads and supporters until now.

Shaking my head, I started going through the comments.

"This book was A M A Z I N G. Thanks for writing it :)"

"Nooooooooooooo *dies* *soul remembers that the next book is coming* *wakes up alive* I gotta be alive to read it!"

"I'm sad this is coming to an end T_T"

"First time commenting here... nice book, Author."

"This book was great!!! So hyped to read your next work 'Through the cheerleader's eyes.' AAAHHHHH even the name is super cool!!"

"Waiting for 'Through the cheerleader's eyes' xD"

I tried to reply to all the comments, PMs and messages in my message board. But even though I tried hard, the bitter smile in my lips didn't fade away.

Hyped to read it?

Right.

I sighed trying to brush off the bitter thoughts.

I knew for sure today was going to be a tough night. Because my father, and I was not really obliged to call him that, was not home yet and I knew, as a fact, he would be drunk when he comes back.

I got up from my desk when I heard the sound of the gates being opened. Though I stood up, I didn't leave my room. I didn't want to face that man. Not now. I had a test to study.

I wasn't even half way through my homeworks, when my room's door was banged in a very annoying manner.

Ignore it.

But it continued and not being able to cope with the noise, I opened the door.

But at once, I stumbled back in disgust. My father was reeking of alcohol and his eyes were as red as muted fire. His unbearable breath made me want to throw up.

"What do you want?" I asked through my teeth.

He didn't reply but kept staring at me.

"What. Do. You. Want?"

He was testing my patience.

"Peace," he slurred but it sounded more like 'weece.'

I raised my eyebrow. "And how do you expect me to give you that? I don't give a damn about what's going on your life. If you want 'peace' then just—"

"Get lost," he barked, eyes narrowing cruelly at me.

"What?" I asked holding my ground, trying not to be intimidated by a drunk man. By my supposed father.

"You j—just get lost," he said, hiccuping, "go away so I can—" another hiccup "—be peaceful."

Do not cry.

I didn't reply as I kept staring at his pathetic self.

"What are you waiting for?" he dragged, trying to stand still. His eyes failed to focus on me as his drunk legs wobbled pathetically.

You can't cry. Not in front of him.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR...?!"

His sudden outburst made me take a step back and this brought a vicious smirk on his face.

You lost.

No. I would never.

"See," I started, my voice deadly cold and my face pulled on its mastered poker face. I looked into his muddy, hazel eyes with absolutely soulless ones, "this house, the farm and the farm house are registered under my mother's name. And she, in her will, gave this to me. So technically speaking, if anyone needs to get out, it's you."

My father tried to kick the wall but his top tier steadiness level made him kick thin air.

"That's the only fucking reason you are around. Otherwise I would've crushed you a long time ago."

Turned out, even in his drunk stupor, he knew how to make me feel loved.

I gave him another bitter smile.

"As if you hadn't crushed me already," I said and raised the sleeve of my T shirt to reveal the bruise I had obtained yesterday. "But don't you dare think I'm afraid of your pathetic face. You can hit me all you want. It doesn't hurt."

Anymore.

Without waiting for a reply, I slammed the door shut.

I heard him let out a string of curses. A moment later, his footsteps started fading away from my room. The shadow under my door was completely gone.

I brushed imaginary dust off my shoulders and took a deep breath. Encasing everything I felt in a tight chamber in my heart, I started doing what I loved the most.

I started writing.

•••

Wow, heavy chapter. Was it okay? Or did I totally screw it up?

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE. LOVE.

With love,
Kai.