h i m

Dedication to the ever awesome Tessa [ Tethie ]

Posted on: May 29th, 2016.

h i m

856.5k

I looked at the digits in front of me.

I had finished the last chapter posted by BookManiac12 in the first book where I met her. The epilogue was great but somehow, it didn't feel like the chapter was herself. I wasn't an expert but as a fan, I felt that the words weren't flowing freely.

But smiling, I started typing her a last comment on this book.

Through the cheerleader's eyes.

The name had a nice ring to it. I was looking forward to read it.

Okay, it was not a really 'manly' thing to do, you know, reading Teen Fiction in the reading website Wattpad. But again, we live for ourselves and I was a strong believer of that so who the hell cares? I liked to read it and I didn't want to be forced into gender expectations.

To be honest, I was never a fan of Teen Fiction. I stumbled across Wattpad when I was searching for a list of free mystery slash thriller books. My once most favourite writer on here was a person who goes by the pen name Eden. His username was TheBookSatan_ and it was through this guy that I found BookManiac12.

He had followed her and I was curious as to why since he had only followed nine people while having a followers rate of above fifty five thousand.

Curious, I searched for her. When I reached her page, it had the usual stuff on it but what drew me in was her profile picture.

It was the picture of a young girl smiling, probably thirteen. At that time, I felt like a pedophile. A fifteen year old guy staring that long at a thirteen year old girl's photo.

She had short inky black hair that just reached a little below her chin. It was all around her neck. It looked so messy and it felt nice. The kind of nice that made you want to run your hands through it, ruffle it and play with it. Her eyes were unusually black. It was so distinct though it was half hidden behind eyelids that were crinkled so much. Her lips were thin and looked fragile as it spread across her face. It was too small yet she had stretched it that far. And from that one smile, it was evident how happy she was when the photo was taken.

It wasn't the kind of photo were we stand still and smile when someone shouts a 'say cheese.' It was the kind of photo that you take when capturing a moment. You aren't posing. You're just being yourself.

I groaned rubbing my eyes.

To think that I was actually affected by a single photo which I had been viewing on and off for over one and a half years, made me feel pathetic.

Typing down an essay about how much the book was good, I posted my comment. Without stopping there, I opened my private message page with BookManiac12 and started typing the same praises.

For her, it wouldn't be anything different. Just another fan congratulating her. But for me, it was a way for me to scream— ahem, show her that I existed.

The guy who changed his username from KingOfSmiles001 to BookAddict11 just because I could have an username rhyming with hers, so that one day, she might notice me more . . . yes, I was such a sap.

After sending the message, I went back to read other updates but occasionally, I refreshed my page to see that small red spot on the right corner of the page.

I didn't have to wait that long before it arrived and though it only contained a formal 'Thanks for your constant support. It's really appreciated :)', I was over the moon.

BookManiac12, I really wish to meet you.

•••

Small chapter. But the official chapters start only after this. This is just an insight :)

Whatdya think? Have I improved even a little from my days of Is He A She?! and Love came with an Umbrella?

Yay? Nay? TELL ME, 'KAY?!

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE. LOVE.

With love,
Kai.