o n e

Dedication to Crazy_Awesome since I loved replying to her comments on Is He A She?!

Glossary:

Anna - big brother

o n e

[ m e e t i n g h e r ]

"Ahh-the smell of home," I murmured to myself as I walked through the familiar yet slightly different street.

Okay, the smell wasn't anything exotic or in the slightest, extraordinary but I feel like it's a custom that you should smell the air (though it may be polluted as heck) and utter a word or two about home and stuff. Adds to the whole 'back to hometown' image very well.

Yesterday, I came back to my hometown after getting the transfer certificate from my school which had housed me since I was six. Today was saturday and I would be joining the renowned school of my town on monday.

Wanting to get on track as quickly as possible, I had left my home early in the morning so that I can walk through the residential area, taking a look at everything.

A smile spread across my face as the old park, which gave me my first friend, came into my vision.

I slowly walked towards it.

It wasn't really crowded since it was morning and most of the kids came during the evenings.

It made me chuckle when I saw a boy and girl built a sand castle in our sand box. My hands automatically made it's way to my pocket and I took out my wallet which had the polaroid's first ever photo.

Sitting on one of the empty swings, I looked at the photo. Kiranya's face still looked unrecognizable and I cursed my childish behaviour of carrying it around all the time. If I had, maybe, kept it in an album safely, the photo wouldn't be in such ruins.

The children's laughter pulled me back and I glanced up to look that they had finished with the sand castle.

How long had I been staring at the photo?

God, I'm such a creep. To think that what I always do is stare at pictures... I'm starting to doubt my sanity too.

The children were still laughing proudly at their messy handiwork and my grin widened even more.

Smile.

Such a precious thing.

Instinctively my hands took the polaroid which had been with me for so many years and I took a snap of the children. The tiny sound made the kids turn to me and when I gestured them to come near me, they came cautiously towards me.

The boy had a hand stretched sideways and the girl had her tiny hands clutched to that tightly.

I chuckled.

Cute.

"You've strange eyes," the kid said, glaring at me accusingly.

"Ah..." I dragged, "that's just new fashioned contacts. Do you know what contacts are?"

He nodded and pushed the girl a little more behind him and I tried to suppress a grin.

God, they're so cute.

"I assure you. I'm not a serial killer. I just took a picture of you both," I said loudly and extended the photo to them.

The picture was almost there yet when I asked the kids to shake the photo in air, the astonishing look on their faces made me happy.