e i g h t

Song attached: Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift. I don't even want to start on how beautiful this song is. Now another song to add to my repeat playlist which only had Sad Beautiful Tragic by Taylor Swift and Matt Defreitas' cover of Heathens by Twenty One Pilots, Evie (EvelynMysteryScott )

Posted on: August 12th, 2016.

                                          e i g h t

                                  [ s t a r i n g  s e s s i o n s ]

"You can trust us and tell anything," the doctor tried again, his calm and composed voice which was trained to be serene for the sake of patients sounded a little strained after talking to a block-faced Kiranya.

"Like I said, sir-" she even threw an exasperated look at the old doctor, "- I was cutting vegetables and I don't know how it happened but the next second, everything was bloody. If you're trying to imply that I'm depressed and into cutting wrists, hear this, I'm... happy."

A small smile adorned her face but even before I knew what I was doing or feeling for that matter, I stood up from my chair, opposite to the doctor's wooden table. The doctor and my mom glanced at me while Kiranya didn't.

Of course, she didn't.

I cleared my throat and gave a watery smile. "Um, I need to use the washroom. Don't mind me."

I didn't wait for them to reply and excited the doc's calm and silent room.

I'm... happy.

Her face flashed in my mind, a small vulnerable smile on display. To everyone it would seem like she really was happy. Just a shy girl expressing her thoughts in a shy, more uptight manner.

I'm... happy.

No, you aren't.

But I wasn't 'everyone.' If I was 'everyone', I would have missed how her voice decreased a notch or how it broke a little. I would've missed how her hands shook a little, too small to notice but too large to not notice if you were looking for it.

She isn't happy.

I wiped my face, tired and frustrated. I was more than curious to know what the hell happened to her. What made her like this. And it didn't help that Grandpa Beardie asked 'you don't know?' when I went to visit her home. It would take only one visit to Grandpa Beardie's house to know it.

I heard the door open behind me and looked back to see black eyes on me. Everything seemed to melt into a void around us as Kiranya and I stared at each other. Me, looking helpless. She, looking like BookManiac12 and certainly not like Sandy, my nickname for her eleven years back.

And I decided.

I can't bring Sandy back if Kiranya doesn't trust me. And trust takes time. Time, I'm ready to give her.

I'll wait.

I'll wait for her to eventually open up to me. If she wants my help, I'll help her. If she wants someone by her side, I'll be by her side. If she just wants to be silent without a pestering friend, I wouldn't pester because—