t w e n t y t h r e e

Before writing this chapter, I thought that there was more to this book. But after writing this chapter, I feel like it's best to end the story here. There will definitely be an epilogue, a chapter titled 'Booktrovert' where I'll be talking about the old plot, Q&A and other stuff. I'm sorry if it sounds sudden but really, after writing this chapter, I know that this is the end.

Song attached: Sweeter than Fiction by Taylor Swift (shame. couldn't find a video with the entire song).

<unedited>

[ t w e n t y   t h r e e ]

[ i  l o v e  y o u ]

The best part about summer vacation was, no one would question you lazing around or hanging around the house of the girl you like.

Though Kiranya typed a fairly affirmative reply as an answer from Squirrel, things didn't simply escalate up. But that didn't mean things went downhill either.

We never talked like we were a couple nor did we tell anyone about it. Kiranya still hadn't followed me on wattpad either (what can I say? For me, people I consider important following me is a big thing). And with the way her family was right now, I knew it wasn't the right time to talk about those things.

I kind of showed our private messages to Yuvan who did look genuinely happy (though he looked awkward. I think I was a sadist). He then went on to ruffle my bird's nest excuse of a hair and asked me to finally buy him food instead of the other way around (seriously, he was my personal bank plus cab service).

I gave him my word but let's face it, this wasn't worth a celebration.

The last chapter of Through the Cheerleader's Eyes came a few minutes back and honestly, I didn't know what to make of the ending. It didn't sound like an ending to begin with but somehow, after coming to know about BookManiac12's real life, even though it made zero sense, I knew that this ending suited the book the best.

There was no happy ending. Not even an open ending. Just an explanatin; a letter Kiranya wrote to her mother, a letter her father should read.

My phone vibrated.

BookManiac12 dedicated Epilogue to you.

I voted on the chapter and switched on my private message page. I could've simply called her or texted her on phone but in a way, some things felt right only when we talked it out on wattpad. I started typing.

Booktrovert: So... what happens to Roslyn now?

Unlike always, Kiranya replied the next instant. And as foolish as that sounded, it made me happy. It made me feel important. Yeah, let me go kill myself.

BookManiac12: she lives.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

Booktrovert: Duh, I know that. But what about her love? She never grew out of it. Not even in her last letter...

This time, Kiranya took some time to reply.

BookManiac12: i think she simply learns to live with that. helium, no love dies. people do fall out of love, but the love never dies. it's knitted in the memories. it's saturated in the places. it's even in your behaviour. one way or other, you'll always remember every person you loved, whom you once called 'mine.' roslyn will get there some day. she'll understand that even though chase would never be hers again, it isn't the end of the world. she still has her parents, squirrel and sawyer. and from the epilogue, you know that there is some unknown person who has started caring about her too. love doesn't always have to be romantic and though the book didn't end with that character development, she will get there someday. and helium, this was something i learnt after watching my mother.