t w o

Dedication to my first ever voter on my book Light Years redheartedly Thanks babe! :)

  g l o s s a r y :-

       Amma ~ Mother

      Appa ~ Father              

                                           t w o

                                    [ b o o k m a n i a c 1 2 ]

I ran my comb ferociously in an attempt to make my unruly brown hair to just stay there in my trademark quiff. What effort it took to show my perfect quiff to the outside world was a secret I can't let you guys know. Like, ever.

"C'mon..." I muttered as I worked on my hair.

And guys, before you go and assume that I'm a girl just because I'm obsessing over my hairstyle, let me tell you, I'm a proud boy who is obsessed over hairstyles.

What? Guys care about looks too y'know? If your guy says he doesn't, run a thorough background check cause you can openly doubt his honesty.

Swear babe, swear.

At last when it looked somewhat closer to the quiff that I had in mind, I brushed the stray hairs from my red and khaki checkered shirt.

Swinging my almost empty backpack over my shoulder, I walked out of my room, my tie dangling around my neck in an awkward tangle.

In olden days, my Gramps said that you've to 'win' over a fierce oxen if you want to 'win' over the hand of your favourite girl. If my future potential daddy-in-laws think that it would be awesome to determine the groom with their tie tying skills then I can safely say that I'd die a bachelor.

Yep, I'm that cooly skilled.

"Ma, tie it," I said bending my head to my mother's level who was in the kitchen talking with our maid.

Chuckling at my obvious unlucky tie tying skills, my mother did my tie.

Kissing my forehead and wishing me a morning greeting and luck, she handed me my breakfast.

It was first day of school here at my home town. Well, it's first day of school for me. It had been officially one and a half months since school started around the state.

After a hurried breakfast and trying my utmost best to evade my father's genuine offer of a ride to school, I finally wore my black polished shoes.

But at the end, my father won and he started his ostentatious Jaguar XF to drop me at school which, by the way, is two blocks away from my home.

Talk about showing off.

"Appa, don't look at me with those googly eyes as if this is the first time you're seeing your kid go to school," I groaned burying my eyes in my palms as the kids who were entering the school gawked at me and my father's car (especially my appa's car but it wouldn't hurt a teenage boy to assume that it was his looks that indeed got the attention right? No? Okay).

"But it's actually the first time I'm seeing you go to school after eleven years, kiddo," he said shooting me a proud smile as if I was walking through those huge gates mounted on those thick stone pillars to get my high school diploma.

"You're embarrassing me," I said hitching my backpack a little higher trying so hard to just escape while my father was lost in his proud father moment.

"Yeah, I love you too," he said with an eye roll and suddenly grabbed me in a headlock and ruffled my hair.

Oh my freaking god, he certainly did not—