f i v e

Thanks so much for #29 in Booktrovert under Humour on 24th June, 2016 (edit: #27 on 25th June, 2016) and #38 in Light Years on 23rd June :) Means a lot x

Song attached: Vegas Skies by The Cab. It's such a beautiful song and I can totally see our little dork Varun singing it xP

                                             f i v e

                                 [ p r i n c e c h a r m i n g ]

Helium... the name's Kiranya.

And the similarities slapped me across the face. I didn't remember Kiranya's face but I remembered her black pixie hair. I remembered how even when we were small, her palm against mine made me feel like a giant though it was more or less the same size. Or how she tilted her head when she was thinking new models for our sand castle.

But then the differences came up too.

How Kiranya was shy but really happy. How she smiled every second. How she was friendly to everyone. How she had warm eyes while all BookManiac12 had were corpse eyes.

BookManiac12 was nothing like the Kiranya I knew.

What happened?

"Argh!" I groaned for the thousandth time as I tried to play my guitar in hopes of cooling my nerves.

And it wasn't working.

I felt really, really betrayed, you know?

Not at BookManiac12 but at Kiranya.

She would've recognised me at first sight. She would've known it was me when she saw my eyes. Not would've, she knew it was me all along. So how can she be so stubborn and mean when I asked for her name?

My phone chimed near me and I looked at it.

BookManiac12 has updated Through the cheerleader's eyes [ 1 ]

I threw the phone to the other side of the bed as I started strumming the strings again.

Okay, so a part of me knew I was being childish and her drastic change might be one of the reasons why she didn't tell me her name or in the least, acknowledge me. But a major part of me felt really betrayed like how you feel when your best friend keeps talking to the new acquaintance and ignores you.

And in my anger, yep, I decided to add it to my dictionary, I did the most idiotic thing ever.

I looked at my username.

BookAddict11.

I still remembered the day I found BookManiac12 or now, Kiranya's username and how the very next day, I changed my username so I could somehow match hers without being obvious.

And now, I was so pissed.

I clicked the settings. When I saw the icon 'Username,' as stupid as it seemed, I selected it. It was sort of like rebelling her, as hopeless as it seemed. There was almost zero chance that she would even notice but—whatever.

In the place for the new username, I typed the username I had in mind and then entered my password.

My finger hovered over 'change' for a second but asking my mind to get lost (wow, I was really angry. Even I'm surprised), I pressed it.

I visited my page and looked at my new username.

Booktrovert

Please, don't ask me what Booktrovert actually means. I just came up with it because 1) I was angry 2) It sounded innovative 3) I simply wanted to seem cool, and 4) I'm lame like that.