n i n e

Video attached: A little thing called Love trailer. Oh my god, I think I'm the only one who gets sad watching this film. But I bet most of you can relate to this film. Try it! You won't regret it :)

A little spoiler of the film in the chapter. Skip it if you want to :)

Dedication to toohottobetrue2 since her 'Baking with boys' is fantastic and since I admire her as her writing looks polished while mine... well it still sounds like the mind of a wannabe 'Diary of a wimpy kid' kid :P

n i n e

[ c a k e a n d p i z z a ]

Begging my mother to somehow leave me and Kiranya alone for a few hours was a total waste.

We didn't talk anything. Like, at all.

Right after my mom left, Kiranya settled on the couch and started staring at the blank T.V. screen as if she wanted to pulverise it. When the silence got deafening, I suggested that we watch a film. Since she was the host and I, the guest, I was given the honour of selecting the movie and heck, I went for a total Thai chick flick called 'A little thing called Love.'

In my mind, the equation went something along the direction: Boy plus girl plus romantic, totally relatable film plus lone time is equal to heart to heart talks and conversations. But looks like Kiranya always used a different equation. Hers was something like: Girl plus corpse gaze on T.V. screen plus scary aura is equal to make the guest doubt their decision of visiting. In my case, 'forcing my way' instead of 'visiting' but you get the gist right?

And right now, the part where the male and female leads of the film meet after nine years was playing and though I didn't expect Kiranya to breakdown crying while munching down popcorn, I expected her to at least blink.

I coughed. "Erm, I'm glad Nam and Shone got together in the end." I even smiled a little to emphasize the point.

"Who are they?"

And just like that, the smile vanished. Seriously, was this girl even human?

"Um, the leads of the film we were watching for the last two hours..."

"Oh really?" she turned to me, "sorry, I was sleeping with my eyes open."

That's eerie.

"T-that's awesome!"

Her gaze swept over my face in a once over before settling on my heterochromic eyes.

"When are you leaving?"

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a polite form of saying 'get out!' I hesitated and when I didn't reply for a good half a minute, she heaved a small sigh and turned towards the T.V. where the end credits were rolling.

"Make yourself at home," she muttered as she got up from the couch, "I'm going to do some homework."

"I'll come too!"

Shit.

Kiranya didn't even try to mask the fact that she was scrutinising me as she looked at me with narrowed eyes.

Double shit.

Think. Think. Think, you idiotic idiot!

"You know, since I joined late, there are portions of the syllabus that I don't understand..."

Lies. Lies. Total lies. My school was ahead than this one.

"Why don't you ask Yuvan or join in one of those tuitions?"