Chapter Ten

~Aliyah's POV

I awoke to the sound of feet shuffling around and various voices speaking. I opened my eyes, yet nothing was visible due to the room being pitch black. A small sliver of light shone from a crack in the door.

I tried to sit up to see who exactly was in my house at this time. It's not till now that I realize my hands and legs are to my bedpost.
I have nothing on my body except my underwear.

Panic shoots through my body as I try to break free and avoid the situation I appear to be in. The knots are at least triple tied. A shriek rises from my throat but is silenced by the duct-tape covering my mouth.

Please no. This can't be happening to me.

I pull my arms and legs as hard with as much force as my body will physically allow, hoping to break free but it's no use. Tears stream down my face as I try harder, unwilling to give up. I will not let this happen again.

The door suddenly slams open, terrifying me.

The large figure in the doorway slowly walks closer and closer to the bed I'm tied onto, my heartbeat accelerating with each step he takes. He places his large hand on my arm, and I can't help but scream as loud as the duct-tape will allow.

"Aliyah...Aliyah..." he repeats, the way my name falls off of his tongue makes my stomach churn and my eyes water.

"Aliyah...Aliyah...Aliyah, Aliyah wake up, Ali-"

A terrified shriek escapes my throat as my eyes shoot open. I try to control my hitched breaths as I study my surroundings. I'm in my room, with the lights turned on and Brooklyn sitting right next to me.

"Are you okay?" She asks, a worried expression on her face.

"Uh, yeah. Just a nightmare," I sigh, wiping my face which was now wet from tears and sweat. I throw the comforter off and get out of my bed, in need of something to drink.

"Are you sure? You were screaming..." She informs me, following me down to the kitchen.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I reassure her, gulping down a glass of cool water.

What the hell was that? I can't remember the last time I had a nightmare, especially that bad. I looked at the time on the stove and it read 3:15. I could barely sleep for the rest of that night, thoughts of my nightmare floating around in my mind.

I tried to keep my mind off of it by turning the television on. TMZ was on, playing the same episode that featured the Mindless Behavior segment. While watching, my mind trailed to Prodigy and his reveal yesterday. If he leaves Mindless Behavior, what happens to the rest of them? Will there even be a Mindless Behavior without him? Prodigy made me swear not to let the word out, so I'm assuming the other boys don't know yet.

I finally drifted back to sleep around 4am, which I guess was okay considering I didn't have a morning shift at Safeway.

When I woke up, I took a quick shower and was in the middle of brushing my teeth when I recieved a FaceTime request from Kaylan. I pressed accept and placed my phone on the bathoom counter.

"Hey Kay." I spoke while brushing my teeth.

"Hey, I got some news." Something about her demeanor was off. She wasn't the usual loud, outgoing Kaylan that I was used to. She was biting her nails, speaking quietly, and avoiding looking into the camera.

"Um...alright, what's up?" I spit out the toothpaste in my mouth and began to rinse my mouth.

"There's no other way to say it, so I'm just gonna come right out with it."

"Kaylan. you're scaring me. Are you dying?" I ask, concerned.

"No.."

"Pregnant?" She doesn't say a word, and her eyes nervously drift away from the screen.

Oh my God.

"Kaylan, are you pregnant?!" I damn near choke on the mouthwash that I was gargling.

"I don't know how I let this happen." She sighs. I really wanted to refrain from asking, but I couldn't help it. "...Is it Roc's?"

"Yes?! Who else's would it be, Aliyah?!" She exclaims, somewhat offended.

"You're right, I'm sorry! It's just one of those questions you have to ask, yanno?"

She hid her face in her hands. "I just missed him so much, and then he just showed up at my house, and we just... Aliyah I don't know what to do." Kaylan's obviously not too thrilled about this, but I honestly don't know what to tell her. I'm still in a complete state of shock myself.

What the hell?

~Jacob's POV

"So you mean to tell me, you went over this girl's house, you had sex ONE TIME, and now she's pregnant?"

I hear Roc sigh on the other end. "Yeah man, to put it simply."

I let out a groan, irritated by Roc's lack of common fucking sense. How are we supposed to continue with Mindless Behavior with Roc expecting?

"Fuck, man. So what now?" I run my hands through my hair in frustration. This definitely wasn't what I was expecting when Prodigy said he had bad news. This was about ten times worse.

"I'm flying out there soon to see my family for a couple days  but shit, Ima have to stay down here and be here for Kaylan. She's having my child." He answers.

"Oh my fucking God, Roc."

"Prince can you be just a little sensitive towards the situation?" He snaps. Is he kidding?

"No. I won't be 'sensitive to the situation', Chresanto." I mimic him, pissed. "You got this girl pregnant! Do you know what that means?!"

"It means I'm going to man up and be there for her and this baby, asshole. I know what I did and I am aware of the consequences! Damn, what if I'm actually excited to raise a child with her? Huh? Did you think of that?" I open my mouth to retaliate, and close it. Was this planned? Did Roc purposely have sex with Kaylan to have a kid?

Angry and confused, I choose against answering his question.
"What happens to Mindless Behavior now that you're a soon-to-be father, Roc?"

"I don't know, but maybe this is a sign. I mean, we got kicked off Atlantic, we have no new music, no place to ourselves, and no record label willing to sign us. Maybe it was time to call it quits..."

(a/n) sorry for such a short chapter i promise the next one will be better 😪

xo, diamond❤️