Chapter Thirteen

prodigy/craig in mm.

~Aliyah's POV

Upon arriving back at my house, I immediately took my heels off at the front door, carrying them all the way to my room. I set them in my closet before going in the kitchen and taking an Aspirin.

Afterwards, I went into the bathroom and grabbed a couple of makeup remover wipes and began to wipe off my makeup in the mirror.

"Home so soon?" I hear Brooklyn semi-yell from her room. I checked the time on my phone, and it read 11:25.

"Yeah."  I answered. After wiping off my makeup I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth, and got ready for bed.

I climbed into bed, plugging my phone on it's charger and sitting it on my nightstand. As I got under my covers, my mind trailed to Jayden and how upset he was as he drove me home. It may have been a bit dramatic in my eyes, but I still cared for him and wouldn't be able to stand myself if he went to bed upset, especially because of me.

With the charger still connected I grabbed my phone off of my nightstand and sent Jayden a text.

to: jayden❤️
hey, im sorry about tonight. you were right, i should've just let it go. maybe i can make it up to you sometime? goodnight j.

Almost immediately, the three typing dots appeared, indicating he was typing his reply.

from: jayden❤️
It's all good, you handled it the way you had to. And of course, goodnight baby-girl.

I blushed as I placed my phone back on the nightstand and pulled my covers up onto my body. Jayden was special, and that was something I just wasn't willing to lose.

~Kaylan's POV

It was around 11, and I hadn't heard from Chresanto since he left to visit his family in L.A, which was fine. He had things to do and take care of before we settled down, as did I.

I had informed Dominic of my pregnancy earlier, and he wasn't too happy about it. We weren't official, but there was potential with him and I lost sight of that when Roc came into the picture. Dominic didn't deserve to be dumped that way, but Chresanto is the love of my life and I would do damn near anything for us.

It was around 10:30. I sat on my bed with my laptop on my lap, and headphones in as Drake's Views played on shuffle. I grabbed the notepad and pen that sat adjacent to me on my bed, uncapping the pen before titling my to-do list for the next couple of months.

I looked up the necessities and things to do regarding the pregnancy, since I didn't really know the first thing about carrying a child. I plan to tell my family soon, but knowing my judgmental mother, she just might have a stroke as soon as I announce it.

I found a pretty useful article on first pregnancies and bookmarked it on Safari before beginning to write down the information.

•Find A Family Physician/Obstetrician

•Start taking prenatal vitamins

•Schedule first prenatal appointment

•Double-check health insurance plan

avoid hazardous/uncooked foods

I involuntarily sighed while I wrote that one, knowing I'd have to give up going to my favorite sushi place downtown.