Chapter Twelve

ray ray in mm

~Jacob's POV

"What do you mean you're closed?! It's Friday night!" Ray Ray exclaimed to the manager of the nearest strip club we could find. Unfortunately, it wasn't open for business tonight.

"We have some technical issues to take care of tonight, sorry fellas. Everything should be up and running again next week." Bored and with no place to go, Ray Ray and I got back in the car.

"Fuck, I was ready to get twerked on by some Big Booty Judy, man. Brought my ones and everything." Ray Ray whined, putting his key into the ignition and pulling out of the parking lot. I stifled a laugh at his sorrow, but it was relatable. I was looking forward to having a good night too.

"I mean, we don't have to go home, Ray Ray." I pointed out. "It's Los Angeles, I'm sure there's another club right around the corner." And sure enough, as soon as Ray Ray turned the corner, we were damn near blinded with the illuminated sign of Red, the nightclub we used to sneak into when we were teens. Well, technically we didn't sneak. We would get in through Diggy Simmons, who was already famous and had the power to get us in through his name. We didn't need that anymore, obviously. But this club brings back too many bad memories that I didn't feel like revisiting.

Before I could even get a word out, Ray Ray had already parked the car, hopped out, and was on his way in. It wasn't till now that I realized this was our first time going out without bodyguards, or any type of security. It felt weird, but I liked it. I enjoyed feeling like a normal human again.

Well, until we walked inside.

We barely took two steps in when the DJ announced our presence. Ray Ray, being the fame-hungry guy he is, soaked up all the praise that was being sent our way through cheers, while I made a beeline for the bar.

I sat down, and ordered a shot of vodka. I didn't really know where Ray Ray was, but I decided to just let him do his thing. I downed my first shot and ordered another soon after.

"Keep a running tab, I have a feeling I'll be having a few more," I informed the bartender.

"Tab? For Mindless Behavior? Hell no, it's on the house." She winked, pouring my drink. I have to admit, that was one of the benefits I'll miss if Mindless Behavior doesn't get signed again. We rarely had to pay for a thing when we went out, which really didn't make much sense considering we made so much.

She slid my drink across the counter before looking me up and down. "Shouldn't you be in V.I.P?" She scrunched her eyebrows in confusion.

I shrugged. "Not really feeling all that tonight, yanno?"

Uber Everywhere began, and a smile came to face as I recalled Ray Ray's goofy ass dancing to this song the night before we left Atlantic. He was wearing socks on the wooden floor and slid, busting his ass. I turned to face the dance floor, hoping to spot him attempting to do the same dance. I didn't find him, but what I did find made me almost choke on the small amount of alcohol I swallowed from the shot glass.

~Aliyah's POV

I tried to enjoy myself after Ray Ray and Jacob's arrival, but it was irritating hearing someone talking about them or swooning over them every five seconds. Call me a hater, but I was not longer having fun with them there, and Jayden noticed quick. I felt like an idiot for letting them take away from the night that was supposed to belong to Jayden and I. It shouldn't bother me, and yet, here I am rolling my eyes so far back they just might get stuck back there.

"You okay?" He asked, his eyebrows knitted.

"...No, not really." I sigh. I don't want to ruin the night for Jayden, but it's become a nuisance.