Chapter Eleven

jayden in mm

song in mm : thirsty x partynextdoor

~Aliyah's POV

"Alright, thanks anyway." I speak into the phone, rolling my eyes before pressing the end call button. The people from Sony had finally called to let me know about the job offer, which I was turned down from. I had really depended on getting that job, and now I'm stuck working at the grocery store longer than I had anticipated.

I throw my phone on the table and slouch down in my seat, upset that I got rejected.

"They turned you down?" Jayden asks as soon as he comes back from the kitchen and notices my mood.

"Yes," I pout. Jayden hands me the bowl of freshly popped popcorn and sits on the couch next to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. He grabs the remote and resumes the movie we were watching.

"Shake it off, Ali. There's still plenty of labels in L.A." He assures, hoping to cheer me up but it just makes me feel worse.

"I wanted to go theeeere." I whine, kicking my legs like a little kid.

"Well, throwing a temper tantrum isn't gonna help for one."

"Let me sulk, Jayden. If I'm not working at Capitol or Sony, I don't wanna work at all." By the look on Jayden's face, he wasn't exactly thrilled to listen to me complain. He scrunches his eyebrows as if he was in deep thought before speaking again.

"You know what? We should go out." He announces. "How about we get some drinks, huh? Take your mind off of it for a while?"

I gave him a confused look. "It's 11 AM."

"Not now, dummy. Tonight. And then we can start worrying about getting your career back on track tomorrow, alright?" He kissed my forehead.

Going out seemed like a good idea. I hadn't let loose in a while, and I did want to get this off of my mind, even if it was just for one night. I just wanted to have some fun. Plus, I technically still had VIP privileges through Don Deveux at Red.

"What time?"

~Roc's POV

I found out Kaylan was pregnant two weeks ago. I'm excited as hell to start a family with her. She's the love of my life and even though we haven't even passed the first trimester, I'm ready to raise and support this child. I told the boys. Prod and Ray Ray were happy to be soon-uncles, but of course Prince had to be a little bitch about it, like he is with everything. I don't want to end MB, it's been such a blessing to make music with these guys but fuck, we've really gone downhill lately. I'm not sure if I would want to come back...

I shut my journal, looking out of the plane window, Bryson Tiller's TRAPSOUL playing in my headphones. It was gonna be great seeing my family and all, but I really didn't wanna deal with Princeton and talk about Mindless Behavior for the four days that I'm in L.A.

Around an hour later, the plane landed. I grabbed my things at the terminal when my phone buzzed in my pocket. I grabbed it and read the screen.

From: Ray Ray

You in LA yet?

I sent a response and slid my phone back in my pocket.