Chapter 22 - Beautiful Surprise

I stared at my feet in a daze as I thought about how to talk to Sid, I bit my lip and snapped myself out of my daze before anyone noticed just to catch Sid's gaze on me

Come on Lilly, use your big mouth and just ask to speak to him "so what's new with you two, anything interesting?" Craig asked and before I could shrug Shannon was already speaking "well Lilly is being a pussy so I'll say it, she had a baby, called it Paulina and I'm the godmummy" she smiled before looking at my widened eyes then realised everyone's eyes where wide and their mouths wide, I snuck a peak at Sid and he looked like he swallowed something sour and was then kicked in the stomach

My head quickly snapped down and I stared at my clenched together hands "congratulations" Corey finally spoke after a long silence "congratulations" the rest of them said with big genuine smiles, my eyes betrayed me and looked up at Sid to see a empty seat where he once was then I heard something smash, making everyone go quite again "is it Sid's?" Corey asked quietly "yes, he's the only person it can be" I mumbled already walking to where the sound erupted and I lightly knocked the door, and when he didn't say anything, I slammed the door opened to see his back facing me and it looked like his head was resting in his hands

I made myself known by clearing my throat "Sid-" I began but he rose his hand to silence me, "congratulations" he mumbled, I grabbed his hand and held his head making him look at me "is 4 years too late to congratulate you, on the birth of your daughter" I whispered, he stared at me for a moment before he spoke "she's mine?" "obviously, the last night we had together was the night, that changed my life, because even though I was leaving you, I was gaining a mini female version of you and she's beautiful" I whispered "she looks like you, alot" I added smiling, he moved away from me slowly and shook his head "this is crazy"

I slowly pulled out my phone and opened it to see the wallpaper image which is Paulina hugging me while we both smiled "now tell me she's not your baby" I flipped the phone around and he slowly grabbed it before looking at me "she is beautiful" he stated before smiling, he walked towards me and hugged me, I slowly looked up at him and smiled before grabbing his face and kissing him firmly, he moaned with happiness before sliding his hands up my arms until they cupped my face "I've miss you" I mumbled after the kiss before I hid my face in his chest "I've missed you too....... can I meet her?.....Paulina" he asked, I looked up at him before nodding then I hid my face in his chest again savouring this moment abit longer.

We decided to travel down to my dads house so Sid could meet Paulina, he was nervous and honestly so was I, I didn't know how she was going to react when she finally gets to meet her daddy, dads house was finally in sight and I finally found Sid in the bathroom, clutching the bunny teddy he got for her "hey" I smiled, he looked up at me before opening his arms, I sat on his lap and wrapped my arms around him "it'll be okay, she already knows your her daddy, I've shown her your picture since birth, we have a picture of us two frames beside her bed and she kisses it every night" I smiled, he looked at me with a small smile playing on his lips "I'm not used to being called a daddy yet" he said "you will be" I smiled sweetly before pressing my lips to his.

We walked off the bus and I opened the fence of the house, Sid looked pale with nerves and he was shaking slightly, the front door opened and dad made his way towards me before giving me a hug then his attention went to Sid "nice to see you again" dad said shaking his hand "great to see you sir" Sid shook dads hand "mummy!" Paulina squealed running out of the house, I crouched down and scooped her into my arms before she gave me a death grip hug then she gasped "daddy?!" She asked, I looked at Sid and smiled as Paulina wriggled in my arms from excitement, Sid slowly moved closer before holding the teddy up for her, she slowly grabbed it and hugged it

Tears welled up in my eyes as she held her arms out towards Sid, he slowly moved closer, close enough for her to grab his top, before I handed her over to him, his eyes where wider than usual but I understood he was shocked and nervous all together at once, Paulina touched his face like she was inspecting him, making sure he was really her daddy or not, then she hugged him cheering "daddy, you're here" he slowly hugged her back and smiled, I finally released a breath I didn't realise I was holding and smiled slightly, Sid held out his free arm for me and I gladly ran into his embrace, I smiled at him before he pressed his lips to mine, his other arm wrapped around me and I heard Paulina giggle while the guys all played with her.

"Your uncle Paul would be so happy to see you" Corey said, I looked at them all together on the living room floor, then Paulina looked at me and smiled "uncle Paul? I have his name right mummy?" She smiled, I nodded as she sat on my lap "yeah baby, but it's just slightly changed, if you where a boy you would have been name Paul but because you're a girl, I named you Paulina and it fits you so well" I explained, She lightly touched my face and frowned "it's okay baby, mummy just fell over" I smiled before giving everyone the look "yeah and we saved her" Chris laughed "you are all hero's" Paulina cheered, then I remembered dinner and hurried into the kitchen but dad already had the food set out "you must have smelt the food" he chuckled.

I could hear Paulina babbling in the living room, as I helped dad with the dishes, I smiled to myself  before Corey walked over "hey, let me, you go in there with Sid and Paulina" he smiled, I was about to protest but he had already pushed me out of the way , I rolled my eyes and decided not to argue, I leaned against the door frame and watched Sid and Paulina drawing, Paulina finished first and held up the picture "that's me, mummy and you" she babbled in her cute baby voice, he chuckled and showed her his drawing, "i did the same" he smiled, she jumped into his arms and giggled, i smiled to myself before walking to join them, I'm happy now.

The End....