Chapter 13

Nobody Needs To Know

⬇️IMPORTANT⬇️

( For those of you that don't know, Jacob Eacker is George Eacker's father. I'm also going to tell you that this chapter has major foreshadowing for the 3rd book of this series because by time that's all uploaded you'll have forgotten this. I uploaded twice because I feel bad about uploading late, plus I want to see you suffer. Have fun! (; )

Jacob Eacker's POV

I was laughing along with my new friends James, Madison, and Thomas. They asked me to help them with directions, and I only agreed to help if they gave me a ride to the party.

I was really drunk already, but I'm sure I can drive. I really need friends. "Work work work work work work!" Said the radio, and we laughed. I love these guys.

"Now we turn lef-" I said, but I was interrupted by a loud slamming sound, and glass flying into my windshield along with blood.

I dared to look, and I had slammed into a car and the person's body was all the way behind us. They shot out like a bullet.

"Did I just..." I said.

"No. They were like this before we got here. We saw nothing, and didn't run into anybody, understand?" Said Thomas.

"But we just-!" I said. "Shh. Nobody needs to know." Said James, and I reluctantly backed up and drove away.

"We won't tell anyone. Our little secret." Said Madison, and put his hand on my shoulder reassuringly.

Can you ever just feel yourself doing something incredibly stupid, but you can't stop? That's what happened as I drove away.

Burr's POV

I sat at home, watching Netflix. Theodosia was going to some party for Hercules, and I'm a tad offended I wasn't invited. I feel bad not being with her, she finally broke up with her stupid "British boy-toy" yesterday and I was hoping to make out with her so much that she wasn't sad.

My phone started ringing. Maybe it's someone apologizing because they didn't invite me?

No, don't get your hopes up. You know how that ends. "Is this Aaron Burr, sir?" "Yes?" I said, hesitantly.

"Theodosia Bartow is in the hospital with us with critical injuries after a car crash, and we don't know how long she was lying in the street until the paramedics arrived. We are at Mercy Hospital. You were her emergency contact, we suggest you come to visit her. She may not have much time left."

She said, obviously faking sympathy, and hung up.

Hercules's POV

"Spooky Scary Skeletons" played for the 6th time last night, and honestly I was about to lose my shit, before my landlord did. Lafayette must have noticed this, because he started screaming "Oh merde! It's the cops! Run!" And people scattered like rats on the Titanic, except for Angie and Eliza, who were sleeping on the couch.

We all changed out of our dinosaur costumes a while ago, they were really hot. I sighed. "Laf, you take Eliza. I'll get Angie, we can drive them home." And we picked them up and started walking to our car.

This probably looked really questionable if you didn't know what was going on.

Theodosia's POV

I woke up, but I couldn't really see. Everything was clouded, and maybe even peaceful. And for a moment, I forgot that I had a fucking pole lodged inside of me.

And when I did remember, I immediately started screaming in pain.

Burr's POV

Can you pinpoint the moment in history where everything in your life went to shit? Because I can. I looked at her, passed out on the table.

This was bad. Very, very, fucking bad. She had a metal pole inside of her stomach. But somehow, she looked peaceful...

Until she started screaming incoherently. "Aaron! Please help! Please!" She said, and screamed again before the nurse shot something in her and her head drooped down with a thud.

"Sir, since she has no immediate family present, and we need an answer now, I'm sorry but we need to ask you this... Do you want her to live? Do you want us to do the surgery?" The doctor said cautiously.

Of course I want her to live! She's the love of my life! But before I could answer, he also said this.

"If she does live through the surgery, which there is a 25% chance she won't, she will almost 100% not make it to the age of 40. She will also have intense frequent stomach pain, and need frequent hospital visits."

Oh. She started screaming again. "Aaron! Please! Please help me! I don't want to die! Please! Aaron!" Until the nurse who looked no younger than me ran over, and shot something in her again.

I looked at her. "Sir, we need your answer now." I sighed.

"Do the surgery. Please. For Theo."