Chapter 23: A Sixth Shock

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry Potter characters. They all belong to J.K. Rowling.

Chapter Twenty Three: A Sixth Shock

Lottie's Point of View 

Red sparks exploded in the sky. I gasped, and fear swept through me. Someone's in trouble. And that someone could be Harry. George's hand that hadn't left mine since Alex's sneeze attack clutched onto mine tightly, and I noticed Alex grip Fred's arm, "Please don't be H. Please don't be H. Please ... don't be H."

"Oh! Fleur!" A french voice filled the silent air. Fleur's motionless body then rolled out from under the hedge. Dumbledore, as well as Snape, Moody, Madam Maxime and Karkaroff, rushed over to her aid. Dumbledore knelt beside her, and a few seconds later rose up, flapping his hands downwards,

"He says she's okay!" Alex announced,

"She doesn't look okay." Fred commented,

"Too right." I agreed. We all stared down at the arena as the events unfolded. Madam Pomfrey ran in front from the side, pulling off her cardigan which she used to cushion Fleur's head. She then took out her wand and was mumbling something. Two men in lime green coats then appeared out of no where, and Dumbledore began to speak to them. Healers. With Madam Pomfrey's help, they levitated Fleur and carried her out of the stadium. All grips were loosen, but suspense levels crept up once more. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Fleur returned just under fifteen minutes after she had being levitated from the arena, looking almost perfect, minus a cut or two on her skin. It was announced she was due to be fourth, but everyone supported her and gave her an applause anyway, "Hey Alex! Look up!"

"Whut?" Alex grumbled, dragging herself from her sleep. How I didn't notice George leave was beyond me, but I hadn't noticed and he had certainly left. Once Alex was more alert, small fireworks started going off in the sky. I grinned,

"Wet start fireworks?" I asked, and folded my arms,

"Happy birthday Alex!" Fred exclaimed, opening his arms,

"My birthday was eleven days ago." Alex tried to say with a straight face, but she couldn't avoid smiling,

"Oh shit."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

George had returned, and Fred had had an annoyed sounding conversation with his twin. I mainly heard Fred sigh and George tut. But they had both returned with big beams, apologised for their delay in present for Alex and had then returned to the same positions as before. The whole of the audience had finally ended up sitting down, even the band. All anyone could really do was sit and wait for time to pass. Five minutes turned into ten, turned into fifteen, turned into-- "What's red cow?" 

"It's a little ... thing between me and Harry." I smirked at Alex, then mouthed 'tell you later' to her. I realised then I probably wouldn't tell her later it, but it was only a little thing Harry and I decided on when I was twelve and he was ten that every time we got together with someone, we could say 'red cow' and no one would know what we was talking about. I checked my watch. It was twenty minutes since I had done last. Then twenty five minutes turned into-- ATCHOO!"

"Oh bless you." Fred nodded to Alex, 

"ATCHOO! ATCHOO! ATCHOOOO! ATCHOO! ATCHOO! Hic-up." 

"Oh no." The twins shook their heads,

"Go get her some water." I suggested. The twins then nodded, and they went running off. Alex had sat down on a bench and I knelt in front of her, "Okay?"