Rules and Regulations

Hello, fellow gems!

I'm Dora and welcome to Gemstone Reviews!

This book is for the undiscovered of Wattpad, for those who want their stories to be told, their voices to be heard. I've critiqued dozens of works on this site. Reading works from almost every genre available, I've come across books from authors that are simply amazing and sadly often undervalued.

It's easy to be discouraged by books with millions of reads, thousands of votes, and users with over a hundred thousand followers. It's very easy to just sit back and complain about it. It's very, VERY easy to delete all your works and Wattpad account, only to go and live as a hermit in the Andes.

But don't take the easy way out because remember: each and every Wattpad star has started from the bottom, from 0 reads, 0 votes, and 0 followers. Call it luck, good Karma, or whatever, but why rely on that when you have an awesome reviewer like me here to give you feedback and exposure?

I don't know either.

The review will be formatted in the following way:

Title:

Genre:

Rating:

# of Chapters: (Your book contains, not the number I will read)

# of Chapters I've read:

Summary/Blurb:

Review: (Cover, blurb, first impression, writing style, thoughts on main characters, ideas for improvement.)

Diamond rating (1—10):

Every review will be given its own chapter, author dedication, and an external link to the story. (So basically not only am I reviewing your work, but I will also promote it.)

The books I enjoyed the most will be added to my Diamond In The Rough reading list.

All I ask for is a tiny payment in return. A follow, comment on either one of my stories, OR an add of one of my stories to a public reading list. What you want to do is up to you (but I most definitely will not complain if you decided to do all three :D), and please don't delete the payment after the review. It's not a very nice thing to do, and Santa will blacklist you for the rest of your mortal life.

To keep things running smoothly, here are a couple of rules:

♦ The book submitted for a review cannot have over 30,000 reads and 5,000 votes. The author cannot have over 500 followers. This is for undiscovered writers, after all.

♦ You can only request a review for ONE book.

♦ I will only accept requests on the Form page. Anywhere else in this book or on my wall and it will be ignored/deleted.

♦ Bullying/trolling in the comments will not be tolerated in any way shape or form. Let's be nice to each other, please.

Do not complete the payment until AFTER you're accepted. (I felt the need to write this in bold because a lot of people do the payment before I even accept them. I will deny you if this happens.)

♦ Do not hound me to finish your review. If I have accepted it, it will get done—I have a life outside of Wattpad.

♦ Do not request on this book when it's CLOSED, CLOSED FOR CATCH UP, or ON HOLD. If either of them happen, it's because I'm catching up with the reviews, etc.

♦ I will only do a max of 15 (UPDATE: currently only taking five total) reviews at any one time, just so things do not become overwhelming.

Other things to keep in mind when requesting:

♦ I do not sugarcoat my reviews. So if you can't take the heat, please don't request.

♦ I will not read your whole book, just enough to give it a judgment. (Which means that my maximum is probably at three chapters.)

♦ If you have any questions or concerns, drop them on the chapter dedicated to your review, and tag me. I will get to you as soon as possible. :)

♦ Comment your favorite TV show at the bottom of your form to prove that you've read all the rules and regulations.

*wipes sweat off brow*

I've only ever gotten positive responses from my commentary, so even though this introduction may seem a little daunting, I promise that I'm just as adorable as my username. ^-^

I hope I can be of help, and request away!