Review #31-Luna

Title: Luna

Author: jaXmiXe

Genre: Werewolf

Rating: PG-13

# of chapters: 5 (includes a prologue—ongoing) 

# of chapters I read: 3 (If you count the preface as a chapter) 

Summary/Blurb:

"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings." ― Anaïs Nin

Dahlia James is an unusual girl. Born with dark black hair, light tale eyes, and pale skin, Dahlia has always been picked on and bullied. Her life dosesn't get any better when her mom dies mysteriously with no clues on how she passed.

Dahlia's life is a roller coaster speeding downwards only making her more miserable andsad. The night of her brother's Alpha Crowning Ceremony Dahlia meets her mate. This is supposed to be the highlight of every wolves life. For Dahlia? It isn't. Dahlia has never wanted a mate, she knows what love can do to a relationship, having to witness her parents fighting over random irrelevant topics, she knows first hand what it can do to others. It strains people and Dahlia doesn't want or need any more stress in her life.

Dahlia's mate isn't just anyone. Her mate is Alpha King Shadow Knight. Shadow Knight is known to be the most horrendous person on the planet. He is ruthless with no remorse for others. He kills for fun and enjoys having his way with woman. He is evil. So evil he killed his parents just to have the crown and to rule over the werewolves.

But Dahlia's problems are just beginning. After a week with Shadow, she finds out that she is a full supernatural. Dahlia is a werewolf, vampire, angel, witch, and warlock. She is the most powerful being ever to walk the face of the Earth. Far more powerful than the Moon Goddess herself. You might think that having these powers is a blessing for only the best. But these powers can only do two things, make or destroy Dahlia. How will she control herself from making bad choices, how will she stop herself from hurting herself, her family and her friends? How will Shadow feel about a woman being more powerful than him? What will he do and how will he react

Review:

Cover: (The author has updated the cover)

You don't know how happy it makes me to see a cover on a werewolf story that doesn't involve two half-naked people. I freakin' hate those. I know they're half-wolf, and have issues controlling their primal urges to bang everything on sight during mating season, but seriously, don't put me off right from the cover. I'm asking you nicely.

Anyway, I like the simplicity of this. We have a howling wolf overlaid upon a girl with her head down. It gets the message across—that this is a werewolf story—without having to resort to soft porn. I also like the title (of the eponymous character), and despite the protagonist's name being a little generic—I mean, Luna is 'moon' in Italian, and we all know that werewolves change under the full moon—I guess it's better than "Rejected by My Alpha". The only problem I have with this is the color scheme—gray is honestly the worst colour you can pick for a cover. It's so dull (yes, dogs see in greyscale, but we aren't dogs), that it makes my eyes tired. Please choose something that's more eye-catching and lively—don't let simplicity be you downfall. Also, make sure the author's name (and whatever those dots on the bottom are supposed to be) are bigger and more visible. 

Blurb:

Wow, this is one of the longest blurbs I've read in my life—meaning that, at first glance, there is a lot of information in here which we could probably do without.