Box Five

mundes

Today is the day of my date and I pass right by Taylor's shop in a rush to make it on time, though I really want to ask him if I look good, or have a few tips. He looks like someone who gets dates easily.

I stand by the cinema downtown not to far from Taylor's shop, not my campus, and right by it is a nice coffee shop that I personally like to lounge and study in.

A few minutes pass and she isn't here. I've called once just to let her know that I was here but she didn't pick up, nor did she respond to reading my message, though her read recipient didn't say delivered, but, read.

I end up looking at th show times to see we've missed the latest movie call. And there's no point now. She probably planned to not come at all.

And this was all a joke. A mistake. I should of known. Not a lot of people ask me out, and this was clearly something to just break my character down, even more than it was.

I sit on the curb of the cinema. Just two more minutes? Soon, I hear footsteps. In hopes that it's my date, I turn around and look up.

It's Taylor. His shadow hovers over me. "Can I sit?" I nod and he does crouch down on the curb and sit next to me. "Talk. Why are you here so late?"

"My date... She didn't show up." I tell Taylor as he sits on the curb with me. "Oh, she- right. I'm sorry about that."

Taylor stands up and takes his hand out. "Can I get you something from the coffee shop?" I stand up and brush myself off. "I'll go with."

We walk to the shop together where it's almost closing. We manage to get in line and it's funny, we order at the same time, the same type of drink.

"I'll walk you to your dorm." I offer. Taylor nods and we walk the dark, dim lit street to our campus and head to the second building of dorms.

When I get there he stands tall as his body leans against the door frame. "Did you want to just walk me or would you like to come in?"

- April 3 16