Box Fourteen

mundes

Taylor agreed to have a date with me. Now, the only thing I worry about is that he and Matthew still have something going on or that he'll flake on me.

He wants to take me to causal places where it doesn't seem like we need to make it feel like a date. I like the idea.

"Taylor!" I knock on the door happily. He opens it within seconds. And, with my flannel in his hand. "You know, keep it. It was my bad luck. Or you can burn it for me." I tell him, with a laugh so it's clear to not be taken so seriously, but I truly don't want that back.

"Well. It must be my good luck because here you are, about to go on a date with me." Taylor smirks. I cup his cheeks and let my head fall on his chest. "There's that happy feeling you give me."

I take his hand as we walk out. "Wait? What are we doing again?" Taylor swings my hand. "Oh, like, want to go cart against each other? Or unless you want something more romantic becau-" I cut him off. "Yes. We can!"

When we do get there, I tell him honestly, "I don't think I can go on my own. I've always been afraid, even bumper cars at amusement parks."

Taylor smirks and drags me along anyways. I sit in a cart and his sits behind me. I lean my body gently on him.

Our round starts and he's speeding fast, passing other carts, swerving and turning corners. It gives me a rush, being with him gives me the biggest rush.

"Faster!" I shout at him and adjust myself on our seat. I feel that my lower back is pressing against something, hard. Oh, Taylor.

I can predict what's to come next after our date, but I won't say anything. But I want to tell him that I'm having a great time with him.

Moments after this, he offers me a slushie as we cool off from this event. I lean my body against his as we're on the bleachers. "Taylor?" I call out looking up at him.

I bring my face closer to his as our lips brush against each other's. His cold breath, the smell of cherry because of our drink. I pucker as he follows off and shares our first kiss.

I gently put my hand on his cheek to enjoy this delicate kids between us. But there's a shout in the corner, "Go Shawn!" I hear. I part with Taylor, my cheeks red, seeing some of my classmates behind us.

"Today was nice." Taylor tells me gladly and takes his hand with mine.

- April 8