Box Eighteen

mundes

"So how'd you get this shop anyways? Reasons on why you like it so much?" I ask Taylor and shove my spoon of toffee coffee ice cream in his mouth. He chokes a little and it makes me laugh. I end up giving him a quick peck, and to taste the left over ice cream. "Um, well. Took the family name. This was supposedly my great, great grandpa's shop while he was studying to be a construction worker. And he somehow claimed this spot."

"Ask me something, baby." I tell him. "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Taylor takes the tin of ice cream and takes a scoop for himself. "I want to still be yours." I see Taylor blush at my words. "So cheesy, Mendes. Stop!" Taylor laughs consistently and my heart swells at the sight.

Soon there's a customer and I scoot my stool away from him and start reading some box labels, condom box labels. For some reason, these were square on the back counter already.

"Hey, Taylor. You sir, should come to a campus party. Well, at my girl's. And by the way, male strippers." The guy winks at him. "Uh, well, I had something planned yesterday it's up to my boy." Taylor responds, looking at me. "We can go there then you take me where you'd like after." I whisper into his ear.

"Yeah, just text me details. I'll see you tomorrow. Now, you buying anything or just breathing my store air?" Taylor jokes and the guy goes to the back of the store where I typically go, and he grabs a box of condoms. "I'll need them tomorrow. She's really pessimistic." I wave at him after our check out and he reminds me about the party.

I turn to Shawn, him back in his stool, I get in between his legs and tilt my head with my nose pressing against his cheek. "So, you want to go to that party?" I give him a quick peck. "Yes. I want to go to my first college party."

Shawn pouts at me, "I think you're the one who doesn't want to go. You probably think it'll be like the movies where by the end of the night I'm in the sheets with somebody else. Baby, I'm not like that one bit." I tease him, my finger sliding back and forth on his bottom lip.

"So tomorrow, one hour at the party, and then our date." I exhale and hold both of his hands, nuzzling our noses together.

- April 10