Box Six

cuniff

"Wait-wait? So you're against bagging your items? That's why you never accept the bagging I do with your items?" I laugh out loud. His hand falls to my knee. "No. It's just that, I have nothing to hide."

I mean, weird way of seeing life but I guess. The bag kind of 'hides' things from people when he buys them. At the same time why does he need people knowing that he buys condoms anyways. That he's a safe straight guy? Alright.

"Well, I think I should go. And I'll call Matthew later and see why he's out so late. Goodnight, Taylor." Shawn says softly and gets up, I escort him out and wave goodbye.

I look to my bed and see that Shawn's flannel is here. I grab it and kind of leave it against my pillow. The scent, it makes me feel safe, and in a familiar place.

The light from the hallway traces up the ceiling. "Matthew?" I look up and see him walking in, scattering his shoes off.

"Oh. Hey." He says softly and plops onto his bed using his laptop. "So, where were you. Or maybe don't answer it, I guess because it's not my position to ask or whatever the hell you say." I'm actually trying to be friends with him, but that's only if he'll try too.

"My major is literature. I've been working on some writing. I want to publish romance." And throughout the night, all I hear is the clicking of his keyboard, and the white screen light shining against his face.

I hold on a little tighter to Shawn's flannel as realize, it's time to let him go. Clearly, tonight, he had a date with a girl. I mean, he got stood up, but, it was a girl. Not someone like me... I have to get over the fact that he's straight and I can't even have the smallest crush on him.

- April 3 16