Box Nine

mundes

"So. You know your roommate Taylor?" I ask Matthew as were in one of our lectures together. "Uh, yes. Why?"

"Anything weird going on with him? Usually he's so friendly but earlier today, talking to him felt... cold." I admit the feeling was awful. I thought I was making a friend I could count on.

Matthew turns to me, "Dude. Look, come over after this period and all three of us can hangout. I'm barely trying to accept him. I've always hated him but we started being okay, yesterday actually."

I nod in response and wait for when the three of us can see each other after class. Further more, as time passes, eventually Matthew and I are now heading to his dorm.

"Taylor? You in here?" Matthew calls out. "Yeah. Trying to grab something." I hear him and find his voice. He's reaching the highest shelf as the hems of shirt reach over his belly button. "I have Shawn over today."

Taylor immediately turns to me. "Hey." He quickly looks away and gets back to what he was doing previously. "Oh. Wait." Taylor walks to his bed. "You left this here." He hands me my flannel the day I wore it on my so called date. "Thank you."

"Wait? When did you come over?" Matthew furrows his eyebrows with hands on his hips. "Oh, actually, I walked Taylor home and he offered me that I come."

"So you came?" Matthew asks sternly. "Why do you think my flannel was left on his bed." I wink at Matthew, knowing how a regular conversation between us can get really inappropriate.

I've known Matthew for years, he has quite the dirty mind, in almost anything possible. But the guy is great, and so protective.

And I think he's jealous that I'm being friends with Taylor? And I like that, it's funny, and I think he cares so it makes me feel like I want to be an even a bigger best friend.

- April 3 16