Box Eight

mundes

It's quite early in the morning but today is the day I confront Ellie for leaving me. I want to go to Taylor and ask him for advice.

I open the door softly and see him stand thing there counting change. "Hey..." I say softly and stand across him. "Oh hi." He doesn't sound that excited, usually he's always welcoming toward me.

I look at him and, and I see marks on his neck. "S-so, I was w-wondering... Do you, you, think that you can..." I can't help but get lost at these red and purple prints scattered along his neck. They're obviously hickeys.

"What can I get for you?" Taylor doesn't bother to look at me anymore. It's something heart crushing. I know I've barely met him, and he was only ever an acquaintance but, the way he use to welcome me, I don't feel it.

"Can you look at me? At least see me the way you did a few days ago." I say and it's evident that my tone is sort of cracking but I don't know how, or why.

Taylor finally looks up and my eyes distant his neck as I finally see him wholesomely. "Tell me, what should I say to the girl who stood me up?"

"Shawn, she really doesn't deserve you. She left you. Didn't tell you why or give you an excuse. You should move on." Taylor tells me truthfully. And maybe that's what he's telling me. The marks on his neck, sign that he's clearly too busy to not talk to me.

"Oh, okay. I'll... I'll move on." I don't bother to take a last look at him. I walk away, the door opening, the light shining bright. It's a new day, I'll get over it.

- April 3, 16