›› 0.4

my mind couldn't stop functioning last night. it felt as if i had only gotten an hour of sleep throughout the whole night. i rubbed my eyes and yawned loudly. tossing and turning i had finally found a comfortable spot.

as soon as i began to drift to sleep again my phone began to buzz, and irritated i picked up the phone. "hello?! you better have some good reason to be calling me at 6:00am", i felt my chest rising in frustration.

"v-very s-sorry to disturb you mam' but this is taehyung's assitant. he'd like to invite you to dinner at 8:00 this evening". i felt my eyes widen at the request.

"a d-dinner?", i questioned. "yes, his personal driver would pick you up and drive you to have supper with him and jaehyuk". i felt myself blushing and smiling intensely through my tired face. quickly i pinched the bridge of my nose to snap myself out of it.

"yes of course i'd love to attend". the woman chuckled on the other end, "lovely, i'll let taehyung know you've accepted the request". i was about to hang up, but she continued. "and in an hour we'll have a driver take you to a store and let you pick out a dress this evening, including shoes".

my mouth searched words to thank the woman but she still kept talking. "after that we will have someone do your hair and makeup, and we'll take you to a café in the city to have lunch, if that's alright with you?"

"yes! yes." i forced myself to sound professional rather than a child. "lovely miss, if you have any further questions please feel free to contact this number and we'll be glad to help, have a nice day. also we send our sincere apologies if we awakened you miss". finally towards the end i replied, "no it's alright, now worries really! and you too miss" and the call ended.

i laughed to myself in the room at the feeling of butterflies rising in my stomach. i threw myself back down on the bed and squealed at the treatment taehyung was giving me.

i quickly slowed down the number of breaths i took and told myself to stop acting like a kid at a candy shop. i stretched from side to side and twisted my back. which cracked. slowly getting up out of bed i slid into my slippers and walked into the kitchen.

it was quite lonely in the mornings now, but good thing i had people yelling and screaming below me on the streets. my brother had moved out a couple months ago to live with his fiancé, but he still helped me with paying bills.

both of them went to harvard to study the law and become lawyers. he was going to be graduating in a year or two, and they were going to be making bank. he called me often to make sure i was doing well and to make sure i wasn't struggling.

i always assured him i was doing fine but it felt alone and quiet at times. i sighed and marched my way into the kitchen and made myself oatmeal.

+

it felt as if i had swallowed my whole bowl from how fast i ate it.

i held onto my stomach and dragged my feet back to my bedroom. i rummaged through my drawers for an outfit to wear and did it quickly. I looked at my clock and it was 6:32. i only had 28 minutes left precisely to get ready. i hopped around trying to wiggle into my boyfriend ripped jeans and pulled my pink tee over my head.

i threw on a beige bomber jacket with patches and my plain white vans. quickly applying makeup and tying up my hair i ran out the door grabbing my things, and sprinted my way to the elevator.

i blew a piece of hair out my face and had to lean on the wall to catch my breath. as soon as i waked out, the doorman raised his head over the newspaper and greeted me. i gave a slight nod with a smile and saw the car waiting for me.

it was a large black bentley with tinted windows. it looked like it had just been washed and waxed which was surprising considering it rained yesterday. a man came out the drivers side and opened the door for me quickly.

i noticed someone inside, two people actually. "hello hani!", it was jaehyuk. he was smiling with the corner tooth missing from his mouth. "woah dude you lost a tooth?!", he nodded. i gave him a nudge, "you're growing up man!" he laughed and squished his neck at the feeling of me poking him.

"hello hani", a deep and husky voice greeted. a head turned around from the passengers seat in the front. it was taehyung. i waved my fingers and him. "tom drive her to belles merveilles please". the driver buckled himself in and started up the car.

"very sorry about the call so early in the morning, i hope i did not disturb", taehyung lowly said. "of course not! i hadn't slept well the night so i was up for most of the time". his eyes got small and he shrugged, "same".

taehyung turned on the radio and turned it up. we all sat staring out the window adoring the cloudy sky.

+

we had been stuck in traffic for almost an hour when we had finally got to the store. jaehyuk had already fallen asleep on my shoulder. "we've now arrived at belles merveilles sir". taehyung nodded and looked over. i could see him admiring jaehyuk sleeping out the corner of my eye. or at least i think he was looking at jaehyuk.

i slowly slid my arm out from under his head and grabbed his face in both the palms of my hands. "jaehyuk", i whispered "it's time for us to go". he groaned and rubbed his eyes, "alright i'm coming", he replied half asleep. i laughed and unbuckled him.

i slowly got him out the car making sure not to make him dizzy. he carefully stood up and once he did my eyes shifted over to the bright shining lights. i covered my eyes at the sight of a blinding glare. once it came into focus i noticed they were bright chandeliers hanging from the cielings, behind large glass doors. wow, i mouthed. taehyung laughed and had a rectangle smile. "ladies first", he opened the door and jaehyuk motioned his hand for me to walk in. "thank you, gentlemen", i replied. as soon as i turned my eyes caught sight of some of the most beautiful dresses i had ever seen.

"pick anything you want. pick one that you like the most, my love".

bitch tf i fucked myself up at that last sentence! i'm sorry about the long wait. school is ending soon and i just finished my first story! the boy next door! thank you all for those who patiently waited.
lots of love, lexie
05/24/16