›› 0.7

i packed my things into the car, and pushed my back up against the trunk door. i huffed, wiping the sweat off my face. i had promised my brother i would drive out to go see him, although i felt awkward about it. staying at his place with his, fiancé. she'd never done anything crazy, but something about her was off.

i shrugged at the thought and started the engine. i drove and sat in traffic for 20 minutes, playing with the steering wheel. his college hadn't been very far from where we originally lived, it was 30 minutes or so at the most without any traffic. it was fairly close, but he had wanted to start his life on his own.

+

once i pulled up to the campus, i parked in the lot across the dorms and hurried my way to his place. it was cold and my allergies were kicking in with all the pollen flying around.

i ran up the stairs and made my way to his room. i quickly knocked shivering from how cold i was. he opened the door, i was greeted by his beautiful green eyes. "sis! how are you?", he pulled me in for a tight hug.

i smiled, "i'm good!" i ruffled up his hair and walked in. his girlfriend walked in and looked like she'd seen a ghost. "what is she doing here?! i told you now is not the time", his smile slowly faded.

he walked up to her and grabbed her arm, i couldn't make out what they were saying. although she looked worried. she pointed at his chest, "don't let anyone find out", she sternly said. she then turned heels and made her way back to her room. slamming the door.

"should i go?", i pointed at the door. he shook his hands, "no sis stay! it's just some stuff going on right now". i tilted my head in confusion, "are you sure?". he swallowed and nodded his head up and down.

i slumped back into his sofa, feeling uncomfortable knowing that his fiancé didn't want me here. it had felt as if i was intruding something. i let the thought run through my head a few more times before pushing myself to completely forget.

he jumped on the couch with ice cream and grabbed the remote, "so what do you wanna watch?" he asked. i shrugged my shoulders and sat still, watching him scroll.

+

i sat there gaping at the screen when he had put on a horror movie, "so that's how it ends?!" he nodded, "yup, annoying right?". i punched him on the arm, "so you knew what was going to happen and you still put this dumbass movie on?!". he just laughed and rubbed his arm.

i sighed in frustration. we were giggling until we heard the turn of a knob. we both looked behind us on instinct only to see his fiancé quickly rushing. "i'll be back, i'm going to the bank".

her face looked pale, and she looked sick. "are y-you okay?", i questioned. "yes. why wouldn't i be?", she snapped. i was taken aback at her tone. "well fucking shit it doesn't look like it!", i yelled back. spencer looked at me, "sis watch your mouth!". i threw a nasty look at the two of them, crossing my arms. she grabbed her keys and slammed the door so hard it shook the ground beneath us.

"you're going to let her talk to me like that?!" i questioned. he looked pissed, "you know what, what you did was childish. niether of you should talk to each other like that". i rolled my eyes, "well maybe i wouldn't have if you'd said something to her before i did".

my chest rose in anger, and i walked into the kitchen digging through the freezer for ice cream. i opened it and began to take small bites. trying to prevent my teeth from freezing. i scrambled through the things on the counter and papers fell. it read 'payment for harvard: $10,000' i narrowed my eyes at the paper and looked at spencer. "spence," i lowly said, "i thought you got a full scholarship".

his eyes widened and he snatched the papers, "it's nothing". he ripped the paper and threw it in the trash. "why the hell would you do that?! how are you going to afford that much money?". he began shoving me towards the door, "sorry sis you have to go because you reminded me i have to fix something bye!". and just like that he kicked me out his dorm.

i banged on the door, "i need my phone you twat!". it went silent and the phone slid under the door. i rolled my eyes in frustration and stormed off into the hall.

heyyy sorry long time no update! but i have a perfect plot twist coming... this is not how the story was supposed to go but oh well.
06/13/16