›› 0.8

i was driving on the highway when my phone began to vibrate in the cup holder next to me. quickly i swiped the green bar on my screen, "hello?". a similar voice greeted me, "hello hani, taehyung would request your presence if possible in an hour?"

i gripped the phone in my hand and honked at the car in front of me. it was 4 inches from hitting my bumper from how quick it came to a halt.

"yeah, i'll come, i need the address though because i'm driving there". almost immediately i got a text message of the street name and apartment number. "we hope to see you soon hani, drive safe". and the phone call came to an end.

+

as soon as i pulled up i knew this was exactly the type of place a rich man would live. i pulled up and a man waved at my car, quickly i pulled over. "taehyung's place is the 9th floor, i'll take your car and park it for you miss", the man smiled and shut the door as soon as he climbed in.

quickly i looked at how beautiful the lobby was, but knowing tae's situation i tried not to look so much. i pressed the button and made my way up.

the music in the elevator was annoying but as soon as i was in awe. there was a large window displaying high over new york, "taehyung?", i lowly said peeking my head out of the elevator.

i saw jaehyuk run out of a room, "hani!". i saw taehyung quickly following him and fixing his tie. he was wearing a black suit, with a gold rolex watch to compliment the look. i was gaping at him and it took me a while to realize i was. he carried a black briefcase and had sun glasses at the back of his head.

hurrying he made his way over to me, he hugged me tight. "thank you for coming over here on such late notice, it was an emergency". i held my hands up, "tae it's okay really, this is nothing compared to everything you've done for me".

he smiled, "alright babygirl there's a card on the kitchen table so if you want to go out and have a lunch with jaehyuk have fun, there's also a list of numbers on that paper so if you need something ring any of those".

i nodded once again making sure he knew i understood. "alright hope everything goes well!", i added and the doors to the elevator shut.

"can we eat candy?", i wrinkled my eyebrows in confusion. "can we eat candy? hell yeah". he started jumping around, "okay but you have to get them, i can't reach". i winked at him and made my way to the kitchen.

"alright where?", he pointed to the cabinet at the far right. his whole cabinet had been organized nicely. "wow", i managed. i looked all the way at the top and there was a large box, filled with a variety of candy.

"how do you get the candy? do you have a step i can use?" jaehyuk nodded no. "usually tae just grabs it". i widened my eyes, taehyung was tall but that was a really far reach.

i decided to climb on top of the counter and grab it. once i climbed back down jae was jumping up and down while licking his lips. he picked a bag of japanese sour candies.

he tried opening the pack and it wouldn't budge. frustrated he pulled at my shirt and handed me the bag, surprisingly i couldn't get it open. "do you have scissors somewhere?", i asked.

he nodded and pointed at the room at the end of the hall. i opened the door and it was tae's office area, "oh man". there was a mess, papers were spread across the table. i looked at one of the papers and there had been large deposits from his bank. "what the hell", i whispered. taehyung was a billionaire. i didn't know how he was, but he was. but something didn't look right. it was hundreds of thousand being taken out at the same time.

i looked through more papers and written was, 'suspects?' and a list of names i didn't recognize. my eyes widened with 'hani' was written all the way at the bottom, although it had been crossed out.

i continued to look through it and quickly stopped when jaehyuk continued to question where i was, "i'm coming!". i put everything back in place and swallowed.

i felt a ball of guilt bubble up in my stomach for looking through his things. but i knew what was happening to him. there were people hacking into his bank account and taking his money. and at this rate, in a month he would have nothing left.

unedited
heyyy sorry! long time no update but i decided to update! i hope everyone is having a good day, also if you want to see how i'm doing i'm very active on twitter @/baekarchive
— lexie
06/30/16