›› 0.9

i sat there trying to focus on anything but what i had just read. suspects? a wave of panic soon had begun to wash over me when jaehyuk poked at me. "hani? are you okay?"

his eyes were wide and face expressed concern for me. "of course i am! let's just keep watching the movie". we continued watching mulan and jaehyuk was once again entranced with the film. he skipped around throwing punches and sang along the whole hour.

i giggled and tried to seem alright, but i wasn't. i sat there hugging a pillow patiently waiting for taehyung to arrive. i had really just wanted to leave at this point. i looked at my watch and it was already 11 pm. rolling my head back in frustration, i left it there and rested my eyes. i didn't move a single muscle and eventually, feel into a deep sleep.

taehyung's pov::

i paced around the room with my finger on my chin. frustratedly i slammed the chair into the table. everyone around me jumped out their chairs and had a startled look on their face.

"i want you", waving my finger in their face, "to find the person who's been taking my money". one of the women stood up with her hands crossed.

"w-we have been t-trying to s-", before she could finish i cut her off. i'd finally reached my limit of hearing the same shit over and over.

"well you're not trying hard enough!", my chest was rising at a fast pace and it looked like she was ready to pass out. i wiped my forehead with a napkin and told myself to calm down.

telling myself to get a grip, i held onto the table tightly and breathed in and out. "pardon my behavior".

"you all must understand the position i'm in; i can't afford for all my hard efforts to flush down the drain like this. i must maintain myself for jaehyuk".

i pointed at the screen that showed decreasing numbers, "this money is going to jaehyuk. i'm putting him into a top college and nothing less i must take care of him".

everyone sitting around the table were taking glances at each other and looking down, avoiding eye contact with me. "did i make myself clear? if you need me all to repeat myself until you get the memo i kindly will".

the man at the edge of the table stood up with an uneasy smile, "do not worry mr. kim, we surely will get to the bottom of this. please put your trust in us".

i bowed to him and walked out the room. when i was escorted out the building it was raining. the man waiting at the door offered me an umbrella and watched the drops roll off slowly. i looked down the street and found exactly what i was looking for.

"just a moment please", i put my hand up and began to run down the street. quickly i stopped at the store towards the end of the street. i grabbed a boquet of roses and asked, "how much will these be?"

"that'll be $12 sir". the man smiled at me and i handed over a twenty dollar bill. "keep the change sir", i reassured him it was alright and he thanked me.

closing the umbrella i hopped into the car and we sped off.

i got back to the apartment and when the elevator doors opened, both jaehyuk and hani were sound asleep. i let out a quiet laugh, and grabbed two blankets. i placed one over hani and jaehyuk.

i placed the flowers on the kitchen counter and turned off the tv. i looked at hani and touched her cheek, but quickly pulled away. i hesitated but, quickly and gently i planted a kiss on her cheek smiled.

i turned all the lights off and walked over to my room.

unedited
i haven't typed anything up in so long ... i'm sorry ! but ever since i entered high school i've been unmotivated, stressed, and tired :( i'll try my best to upload sometimes. i know this isn't my best but i'm a bit rusty so !
anyways, iMm more active on twitter @/jinrieun so you can follow me there !
— lexie