#52 labour/delivery pt2

Niall pulled into a space in the car park of the hospital. He quickly jumped out of the car and made his way to you.
He helped you out of the car and Denise followed after you.
You walked into the hospital and up to the front desk.
"Hi, my wife is 12 days overdue and we believe she's having contractions. We phoned the midwife and she told us to come straight to the hospital." Said Niall.
"Okay, is your midwife's last name Brown?" Asked the receptionist.
"Yes," said Niall impatiently.
"She's waiting for you in the maternity ward, room 11, 2nd floor." She said.
"Thank you!" Said Niall and turned to you.
You clenched your fists, another contraction was happening and it was the worst so far.
"Come on Princess." Said Niall and took hold of your hand.
You followed Niall and walked to the maternity ward.
You waited impatiently for the lift to come. When it did, you, Niall and Denise all clambered in. Denise pushed the "2" button and the lift quickly went up.
The metal doors opened and Niall rushed you out.
"Niall," you breathed out.
"What is it?" Asked Niall concerned.
You went to speak when you felt pressure between you legs. Then a pop, followed by a warm liquid.
"I think my waters just broke." You said.
Niall started freaking out.
"Okay we need to get you to room 11." Said Niall and rushed you down the hall.
You finally came to room 11.
Niall knocked on the door. Your midwife opened the door.
"Ahh Mr and Mrs Horan, come in." She said.
You walked in and sat down.
"So has you water broke yet?" She asked.
"I believe it did just before we came in the room." You said.
"And how often are contractions?" She asked.
"At least 4-5 minutes apart, and they last for about a minute." You said.
"Right, let's get you in a hospital gown and check how many centimetres dilated you are." She said and passed you a hospital gown.
She left the room.
"Do you want anything to drink?" Asked Denise.
"I'm fine," you said changing into the hospital gown.
"I'll have a tea please." Said Niall.
"Ok." Said Denise and left.
Niall helped you into the hospital bed and you laid there for minute until the mid wife came back in.
"Ok, let's check how many centimetres dilated you are." She said.
She put on a glove and checked.
"Looks like you're only 6cm. You need to be at least 10 to push." She said. "I'll be back later,"
Niall sat on the end of the bed. "You're being really brave princess." Said Niall and kissed your cheek.
"Thanks Ni." You says and smile. "It's just really painful that's all."
"I know princess." Said Niall.