Chapter 16: Speed's on the phone

My ears perked up. Who was it?

I picked up the phone and from the other side came a soft male voice. "Hello?"

It was Speed!

"Oh hey Kage-Chan." I said. "より気持ちがいい? (are you better now?)"

"Oh c'mon don't call me that~" Speed whispered with a shy voice. Then he continued, "Yeah, great. I met Aqua who questioned about my injuries, I told her about Negamine, and yes she healed my injuries with her powers. But I'm still a little weak so I have to stay at home for a few days." he said.

I smiled. Even though I did not always agree with Aqua, I must admit she's a great doctor.

"So, why are you calling?" I asked.

There was a moment of silence from the other end. Then Speed replied, "Nothing, I was just wondering if you wanna come over for lunch..."

I was a little hesitant about it initially as I thought about Pikks. However, I did not want to turn my boyfriend down, so I answered with a smile, "Sure, why not?"

"Alright, I'll be waiting!" Speed replied.

I hung up the phone and decided the best way to get to Speed's home is by air. So, I went onto my DashbikeM3 and after buckling my heels to the platform I pressed the trigger and set out into the cold blue sky.