Chapter 18: Lunch

CC's pov:

Soon Speed and I were eating our dumplings. For some reason my mind trailed off to Pikks-what is that guy's real intention? How do I defeat him? What is Negamine trying to do......

I bet Speed had noticed me as he whispered, stopping my thoughts,"Hey Charm. Are you ok?"

"Uh-uh?" I replied, surprised, for I couldn't think of anything to say.

Speed frowned a little. "You look worried. Did anything happen?"

I sighed and told him about Spark and I trying to escape Negamine.

"Good thing you never submitted to him...one minute we have to destroy a three-eyed crook and another a pedophile......" I said in a low voice as my ears drooped down.

For some reason I felt tears in my eyes, but I tried to hold them back. Just then, I felt a hand rest on my shoulder. I turned to look at Speed, who was looking at me with his caring eyes which color had just changed to lime.

"Don't worry, I'll always be with you..." he said as he pulled me towards him and hugged me.

I was a little surprised at his actions, but after that I just relaxed and buried my face in his chest, letting my tears flow down my face. Speed stroked my back gently.

"We will face this together..."