Chapter 17: Hard landing

Narrator (Yami)'s pov:

CC landed right in front of Speed's doorstep head-first because of the turbulence she met in the air, throwing her off the bike. Great thing she created an orb in time to break her fall, but still crashed head-first onto the ground.

"Crap..." she cursed. She quickly jolted up when she heard Speed open the door.

"Hi CC," Speed said smiling. Just then he narrowed his teal eyes at her hair. "Whoa. What happened to you?"

CC attempted to pat the dust off her hair and said, "Oh...nothing much...I sorta landed on my head just now."

Speed cringed a little, seeming worried. "Why don'cha come in first?"

"Alright then."

Once they entered the house, Speed ran to the stove and said, "Alright the Chinese dumplings should be ready by now..."

The tuxedo's eyes lightened up. "You cooked dumplings!?"

Speed turned his head to his girlfriend and smiled. "Yea, I thought since you might wanna come over, I bet it might be the best to cook your favorite dish."

"Thanks bro." CC answered, smiling. She gave Speed a small kiss on the cheek making his face redder than it already is.

"You can go and wait on the sofa first, I just have to put the dumplings on the plates." Speed said.

"Alright then. Thanks!" CC said as she sat down on the sofa.