24

Holly's POV

"I'm fine." I hissed sitting in the back of the ambulance. Sure I understood that they had to take me to the hospital but I didn't want to go. Spence held my hand close to his chest, his hand was tight on mine but he didn't seem like he was completely focused on what was going on around him.

"Ma'am just let us take care of you." The medic insisted to me, I puffed while glancing at Spencer who was staring at the gash that was yet to be covered by the medics. "Sir?" The same medic asked Spencer, he didn't seem responsive to the medic words so I cut in even if it hurt to speak, my vocal cords were scratched I knew I would be needing jello.

"He's fine." I said, the medic first looked as if he was going to argue but a glance of mine that held nothing apart from insistence encouraged him to let Spencer be as he was, even if he really should be speaking. The medic only nodded before shutting the doors, rushing us off.

***

*3rd Person POV*

"Reid!" Morgan yelled running down the hospital wing, not caring if anyone was looking at him or what they thought. Reid glanced up at the dark skinned man ran to him. "How is she?" Morgan asked looking around for the medic or any doctor who would know, Morgan was a little tried and his heart rate high.

"Alive." Reid mumbled, before Morgan could push for more answers from the obviously distraute genius the doors flew open as the rest of the team came filling in, JJ on the phone with Garcia who was still worrying about Holly. Holly who was unconscious on a table in surgery.

"Where's her room?" Emily asked Reid who hair stared at his feet from between his bouncing legs. Emily's brow furrowed. "Reid?" She asked grazing his shoulder, he flinched away, the idea of loosing Holly still stuck in his mind.

"She's um-" Reid let his lips become wet with his tongue. "in surgery." He spoke in a faint monotone voice. He looked around at his team. "Doctor said she should be out in an hour-" He paused once again. "That was about forty minutes ago." Everyone looked at him, not completely trusting his words due to his lack of focus lately.

"Well I guess-"

"Holly Denton?" Emily was interrupted by a doctor with a clipboard, she had never been so happy to have been interrupted in her whole life. The whole team shot up from seat they had just taken to look at the now wide eyed doctor. "Um- she's stable and should become conscious as the drugs wear off within a half an hour." She continued, glancing herself at the shaggy haired doctor who stood with his hands wrapped around his waist covered by his sweater vest.

"Thank you, can we speak now?" Hotch said taking the arm of the doctor with the clip board and dragging her away from the rest of the team. No one could quit tell what was wrong with Reid as he slouched into his seat, he would wait there for her to wake, if she did.

He couldn't seem to understand that she was alright, alive and that she loved him. It all felt like a dream to him, one of his dreams that would end with him walking up and realizing she was dead. But he was wrong, and no matter what anyone told him he wouldn't believe it.

"Come on kid, lets go see her." Morgan said ruffling the hair of the boy who stared at the ground as if his mother had just told him Santa Claus wasn't real. A small pout on his face confused Morgan, finally he gave up so he hauled Reid to his feet and dragged him, Reids feet scratching the floor, to the room that belonged to the young unconscious and bruised best friend of the mumbling doctor by the name of Holly Denton. Morgan plopped the boy genius on the chair next to the girl who was hooked up to the machines as a precaution.

By the next time that Red looked up he noticed that he was staring at Holly and was all alone. His hand was strangely linked to hers as she began the wiggle around and around. His head shot up, no she was dead and had left him. He glanced at his fingers and began counting. You have extra fingers in dreams.

10.

"Holl." Reid whispered glancing over the girl, whose face was scrunched as she sat up, not pulling her hand from his. "Your alright." He whispered but she didn't seem to hear his calling for her, she glanced at him, a small smile that made his chest clenched widened on her chapped lips. "Here." He said to her pulling out chapstick, something she always carried and he began carrying incase she came back and needed some.

"Glad to see you can talk." She joked squeezing his hand, her heart rate rising, indicated by the monitor, as she realized that that hands were linked. Holly shot hot daggers from her eyes at the machine. He grinned at her.

"Emily told us." Her heart rate got louder and louder until she pulled her hand from his, shying her gaze away from his that was burning her skin. He was talking about wait had happened back when she was working for the embassy, or that's what they thought.

"Oh." Holly mumbled and although her throat was burning and she needed to eat because some IV feeding her a liquid in her blood strewn just wouldn't cut it she bean rambling. "Look Spencer I'm really sorry- if I thought I could tell you then- then I would have- but-"

"Stop." Reid cut her off, her face flushing more. "It's fine and I-I- I don't know I'm just happy your alive." Reid gripped her hand looking up at her. His Reid glancing up and down her. Her face then dropped the smile he so longed to always see on her face.

"You saw the video." She said, more or so pointing the fact out to herself then to him. He now knew that she loved him but she don't know if he knew just how much. She also didn't like the fact that he saw her tortured. "I'm sorry-"

"Hey." He whispered pushing her matter, greasy hair back from her face. God I need a shower she thought. "Like I said, I'm glad your alive."

////////////
A/N

This is great.

Instagram: @morganallen._ @agent.fangirl

Twitter: @carrotqueen459