Chapter Sixteen

A/N: SORRY for the late update(it's only a few hours late, but I still feel bad)! I've been busy working on something I'm doing for school that kills me because I have to dance and stuff in front of people and I'm dead because I hate people, except for you guys. SORRY!!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

Derek

"Scott, get up," I hissed in his ear as I shook his shoulder. I didn't want to wake Kira, or anyone else for that matter, but I needed Scott. "Get up!" I said louder, yanking on his arm. He sat up quickly, swinging blindly at my face. I caught his wrist before he could actually bloody my lip. "Scott, Stiles is gone."

"What?" he mumbled, rubbing at his eyes. He looked around the room for a second before he realized what I had said. Suddenly, he was leaping out of the bed and pulling a shirt over his head. "Hasn't he been sleepwalking? He could be anywhere. Do you have his scent?"

"Yeah, I've got it," I replied, already halfway out the door. "Come on. I don't know how long ago he left, but his jeep is still outside, so he was on foot." I stepped out into the hallway and nearly ran face first into Will. He threw his hands out in front of him in attempt to push me back. "Damn it, Will," I grumbled, shoving him to the side. "I don't have time for this."

"What's wrong?" he asked, continue no to waste my time. I ignored him and kept walking towards the stairs. He and Scott both followed. "Derek? What's wrong?"

"Remember how I told you about my boyfriend, Stiles? Well he's missing. I don't have time to talk to you right now. Scott and I are trying to find him." He tried to catch up to me, but I sped up every time he did. I didn't feel like dealing with him at the moment. 

"Let me help! I can fight off people," he offered, trying to tug on my shirt to stop me. Maybe he wasn't the old Will, but at least the old Will wasn't this annoying. I kept walking until I was outside, but Will didn't give up easy. He yanked on my sleeve again, and this time I stopped and turned around to face him so suddenly he staggered backwards a little. His eyes widened considerably. "I-uh. . . Please?"

I grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him towards me, making his eyes grow even wider. "We don't need you," I spat, narrowing my eyes. He squirmed in my grasp, but I didn't let him go. "What you're trying to do, Will, it isn't working. You're trying to make up for what your past self did to us. You don't even know what the hell that was. The only reason you're even here right now is for Charlie. If you do anything to hurt him, you're gone. I suggest you take your ass back into that motel before I make you." I carelessly pushed him away and watched him nod before he turned around and ran back inside. Scott was staring at me, mouth hanging open, so I just shrugged. "Let's go."

Scott nodded. "Uh, okay," he mumbled, climbing into the passengers seat.

+++

It was still dark at six in the morning, which was the time right now. Scott continuously complained about how tired he was as we walked through the forest. When he would get quiet, it meant he was leaning against a tree falling asleep, which he had done twice already. 

"I keep catching his scent, thinking he's really close," Scott mumbled as he stumbled along behind me. "Then I remember that his scent is all over you and that's why it's so strong. This is impossible, you know?" He tried to catch up with me, but his sleep deprived self tripped over a bush and he face planted into the dirt. "Damn it!" he growled, lifting his head. He hesitated, leaving a stretch of silence as he stared down at the mud. "Footprints," he said slowly. A smile spread across his face as he jumped up to his feet excitedly. "I found his footprints!"