Chapter Thirty-Four

A/N: So I'm not really sure how many more chapters before the end, but not too many. Also, this is a fluffy(ish) chapter. I think you'll enjoy it. :) Sorry for the lateness again, but SCHOOL IS SO STRESSFUL. Okay, anyways, ily and thanks for reading!

Derek

I woke up to the sound of Stiles' voice. He was talking quietly beside me, not really whispering, but close enough. I pushed myself into a sitting position and rubbed my eyes. "Who are you talking to?" I grumbled, glancing over at his phone. I paused when I saw Stiles' dad smiling at me on the screen, and not a warm smile. More like a warning. Stiles laughed, I didn't think it was funny. "I'm just. . . gonna get dressed," I muttered, dragging myself out of the bed.

"Good idea," Stiles said, grinning like this was amusing or something. It wasn't. It was embarrassing. I glared at him from across the room and grabbed clothes out of one of the bags sitting around. Stiles was pretending not to watch me, but I could see him glancing every few seconds. His dad was talking about something, Stiles was nodding. 

I smirked and stripped off my shirt, then my pants. Stiles' full attention was on me now, not even trying to cover it up. I took off the last piece of clothing on my body and started walking towards the bathroom. 

"Dad, I'll call you later," Stiles said as I stepped into the bathroom and started to close the door. I started the shower and found a towel under the sink. Stiles stepped into the room a few seconds later. He shut the door behind him and narrowed his eyes at me. "That was unfair. I was talking to my dad."

"I never said anything," I defended myself, pulling back the curtain to step inside the shower. Stiles caught my arm, still glaring at me. I smiled. "What?"

"Just for that, I'm going to go have breakfast with Scott instead of having sex with you," he retorted, grinning smugly. He let go of my arm and turned around to leave. 

"Sex is better," I said, and Stiles paused. "Just saying. You could go have breakfast with Scott, or you could get in the shower with me and I'll make sure you forget about breakfast all together." I stood there, watching his back. He was contemplating it, I could tell by his heart rate. He turned back around and bit his lip, then sighed in defeat and stripped off his shirt. 

+++

Cora did not look happy when we all met up an hour later. In fact, she seemed a little angry. I assumed it was directed towards me, judging from the glare she shot at me when I walked into her room. "She ran away," she snapped, as if I knew who she was talking about. She stood up and Kara grabbed her arm, but Cora was stronger and pulled it away. "She ran away! She left a note, and guess who's name is in it? Yours, Derek. She left because she didn't want to hurt your stupid, high school level feelings. So what if Stiles used to like her when he was sixteen? So what if she hugs him? Get over yourself!"

I knew who she was talking about now, and she was right. It did bother me when Lydia touched Stiles, but not for that reason. "It's more complicated than that," I said, wishing I'd come alone, instead of dragging Stiles along with me. I didn't want to explain this in front of him. I didn't want to scare him away. "This isn't a high school crush, Cora. You know that. Stop getting angry at me for-"

"For being ridiculous? Lydia would never hurt Stiles! She's our Lydia. She's good, Derek. Why couldn't you control yourself? You could always control yourself before, but as soon as a pretty girl touches Stiles, you lose it. Why couldn't you just trust her? Trust Stiles?" She was tearing up, clenching her fists at her sides. Kara was still sitting on the end of the bed, staring at her lap. I didn't know what to say.