K-pop group Super Junior is also known as the 'Hallyu King

K-pop group Super Junior is also known as the ‘Hallyu King’ (King of Korean wave). Among K-pop stars they have the strongest and thickest fandom overseas. Including ‘Sorry Sorry’ from the 3rd studio album in 2008, ‘Bonamana’ from the 4th album in 2010, ‘Mr. Simple’ from the 5th album in 2011, and ‘Sexy, Free & Single’ from the 6th in 2012, their reputation and fame as a hallyu star were confirmed as they swept numerous music charts from both domestic and overseas.

Since the beginning of the ‘Super Show’ tour in 2008, Super Junior made a legacy of a million audiences in total on July 6 at the ‘Super Show 5 in Singapore.’ After that, 110,000 came to the Dokyo Dome, Japan, from July 27 to 28; another 20,000 in Bangkok, Thailand; and 30,000 more in Taipei, Taiwan. In total, Super Junior met and shared their music with about 1,160,000 audiences in their concerts. It is no surprise that Super Junior has always been the best among K-pop singers.

The interview took place on August 19 at noon at a photoshoot in Kangnam, Seoul, for the fashion brand, ‘SPAO.’ Currently Leeteuk, Heechul, Yesung are serving the military, while Han Geng is in China and Kibum is focused in acting.

When heard of the news on the launch of the brand new website KPOPPlanet, Super Junior members wooped up congratulations, “We look forward to be reading great news of Super Junior and many other K-pop artists.”

K-pop group Super Junior is also known as the ‘Hallyu King’ (King of Korean wave). Among K-pop stars they have the strongest and thickest fandom overseas.

Q: Any words for the English K-pop website, KPOPPlanet?

(Eunhyuk): Congratulations! Please post great news on Super Junior as well as other K-pop singers.

(Kangin): I wish for the best and hope many fans from all over the world will love it.

Q: What do you think of your group being called the Hallyu King?

(Eunhyuk): We’re quite embarrassed. There are many other amazing artists, but it does feel good. When we first debuted, being awarded the Rookie of the Year was our goal, and then to broaden our activities in China and to Asia.

(Donghae): There are many times when we feel proud. The name does have its positive effect.

(Sungmin): I slowly understood what the nickname meant as we did the world tour. I realized how much the fans cared for us by witnessing the unexpected heat of support from our fans during the tour in each country.

Q: Do you know that fans from Korea and overseas jokingly call Super Junior, The Star of the Universe?

(Eunhyuk): Heechul, who is now serving the military, used to say it. The phrase spread out and I think the fans are kind of brainwashed. (Laughing) I would say ‘Hallyu Avengers’ would also be great name…“

(Ryeowook): As for me, I don’t like the feeling of having completed everything. There are times when I envy new groups. They still have many places to go and a lot to accomplish. We also want to be a team always headed for something or somewhere. I still long for something more.

We’re quite embarrassed. There are many other amazing artists, but it does feel good. When we first debuted, being awarded the Rookie of the Year was our goal, and then to broaden our activities in China and to Asia.

Q: Congratulations on your record of 1,000,000 audiences from exclusively held domestic and international concerts!

(Donghae): I know that you can’t see 1,000,000 in one view. Once I couldn’t keep my mouth shut as I saw 60,000~70,000 fans in one spot. 1,000,000 is much larger! I’m really grateful to our fans.