The Beast

Charlie's pov

We played for awhile. I played third base while Smalls was in left center. He was shaking like a leaf at the end of summer, on the verge of fall. I felt bad for the kid, but I wasn't going to stop the game to help him.

Benny hit the ball towards Smalls and he backed up trying to catch it, falling backwards in the process. The boys laughed and I smacked the closest one, who happened to be Yeah Yeah.

Benny jogged over to Smalls. The poor kid looked like he was about to run away crying. Benny chatted with him, smiling his warm, friendly smile and patting Smalls on the back. When Benny hit the ball next, it went straight to Smalls, who surprisingly caught it. He then successfully threw it to Bertram.

"Alright! Let's play some ball."

Everyone cheered and went back into their regular positions. We played for two more hours and then decided we deserved a break.

We all sat in the dugout, exhausted. Benny kept running laps around the diamond and we all groaned when he yelled at us to get up.

Smalls proved himself and Benny helped learn to play. He was a part of this team now. I might have given him the wrong message when we first came here because he keeps glancing at me and blushing. He also has glared at Yeah-Yeah, who almost always has his arm around me, even though we have always been best friends.

Benny sprinted over to us and grabbed a bat and threw it at Ham.

"You're up. Let's go guys come on!"

We all groaned, causing Benny to chuckle quietly.

"Do we have to Benny? It's too hot. I'm roasting!" Timmy groaned out.
"It's too hot. I'm roasting." Tommy mumbled repeating whatever his older brother said.

Smalls looked around nervously. He hadn't talked very much to anyone except me and Benny yet. It made me worry that this was a mistake, but there was nothing I could do so I left Smalls to figure his life out on his own.

Ham was up to bat and before Kenny could even begin to pitch it, Ham raised his hand and pointed over the fence. Everyone started laughing.

Kenny pitched and Ham missed. Badly.

"What! Are we playing tennis? Gimme somethin' to hit!" He complained to Kenny.

"Give 'em a racket. Maybe he'll be able to hit it."
"Or throw a basketball. Than he won't miss!"

The boys kept throwing jabs at him until Kenny shushed them all.
"Ham this is my heater. I dare you to hit it," he said, stretching out the dare from a "dare" to a "daaaaarree" and grinned as he pitched.

The was a crack of the ball hitting the bat and than it was zooming past the fence of the junkyard. Ham slowly began to jog around the bases, all while praising himself.

We all rushed after him and hit him with our mitts, until we saw Smalls try to go and get it. Benny reached him first and ripped him off the fence.

"Why can't I go get it?" He had the most confused look on his face.

All of us looked at each other and yelled:

"CAMPOUT!"

Sorry it was so much shorter. I'm not very good at writing so I'm not sure the best way to do it. I'm also not good at quotes so sorry in advance for that. Hopefully there will be more charlie/yeahyeah soon.