Campout pt. 2

Charlie's pov

"You missed a whole lot kiddo," I said grinning as I ruffled his hair. He blushed madly at the contact.

"Everyone quiet down, it's asleep!" Squints yelled at the guys, who didn't quiet down in the slightest.

I curl up in my sleeping bag next to the door. Yeah Yeah struts over to me, doing his weird duck walk.

"Scoot over Char," he said grinning at me in the sleeping bag. I moved closer to the edge as he slid into the other side of the bag. He wrapped his arm around me and lays down.

"May I continue, or are you weirdos not done feeling each other." Squints whisper-yelled glaring at us.

I raised my arms in mock surrender as Yeah Yeah laughed at his best friend.

"The story of the beast goes so far back, before any of us could even pick up a baseball..."

Squints launched into the story but I stopped paying attention. I heard this story every single time a new member joined the team, I could almost say it by heart. So could Benny and Yeah Yeah.

"Forever.. Forever.. Forever.."

I felt Yeah Yeah shaking next to me, so I wrapped my arm around him and stroked patterns on his skin. He grinned at me and pushed a stray hair out of my face.

"Guys," Ham groaned, putting emphasis on the word. "No one wants to see that, you guys aren't even dating."

I swear I heard Benny mumble, "not yet," to Ham, but I was most likely mistaken.

Smalls, being done with the conversation of relationships, groaned, "that's not true, you're just telling me this to scare me!"

Squints glared, he hated when others called bullshit on his stories.
"Oh yeah? Go look out that window, real slow like."

As he glanced through the window, there was a low growl. He jumped back, almost tripping over Bertram's bag.

"IT'S DOWN THERE!"

"Yep." Squints replied, popping the p.

"We'll never get a baseball back from him."

"They're gone as soon as they're over the fence," Timmy said

"...over the fence," Tommy repeated.

Smalls looks at me horrified as he climbed in his sleeping bag. I nodded at him, when he asked if it was true. Ham chewed on a s'more and Denunez roasted another one.
Bertram laid on his side watching Smalls quiver. Benny tried to change the mood, by stating what everyone really wanted to do. Sleep.

"Well I think it's time to go to sleep now. Goodnight guys," Benny told us all, as he laid in his sleeping bag. Everyone crawled in their sleeping bags saying goodnight to each other. Yeah Yeah and I were the farthest away from everyone, the closet to us being Squints. Smalls was next to Benny, it was nice knowing he found a true best friend. Timmy and Tommy were the farthest from us, near the other side of the small house.

Squints winked at Yeah Yeah and I before he rolled over and fell asleep. The sound of heavy breathing slowly filled the room until we realized that we were the only two still awake. Yeah Yeah and I sat talking for awhile before we both realized it was far past 3 in the morning.

"I'm going to go to sleep too Al," I'm the only one who has ever been allowed to call him by his real name. Everyone says he's whipped for letting me, but I think it's one of the sweetest things he does. Yeah Yeah is my best friend, and I am and always will be his.

"Goodnight Char," Yeah Yeah whispered in my ear, as he kissed my cheek gently.

"Goodnight Al," I whisper as I cuddle into the crook of his neck.