Perfect Prick Phillips

A grin plastered itself across her tired face. The boys had outdone themselves. Her birthday was something she never liked. Imagine seeing a puppy rolling around in a field of wild clover, how happy you would feel seeing all that. Her birthday was nothing like that. This year was the best the boys had ever ignored it and Charlie's gratefulness shown through like a ray of light from the darkness.

The sun was shining, the birds were singing, the boys were whistling, and the day was grand. That is until the fateful sound of bikes squealing entered the lowly serenity.

Boys dressed from head to toe in costly baseball uniforms entered the sandlot, kicking dust up as they hopped to the ground. Ham threw his mitt to the ground as the gang rushed forwards, prepared for s possible fight.

Phillips was all goal and zero action, but either way Charlie was already cracking her knuckles. Ham may have been the best with insults, but she was the best with fists.

"hey sugar, Rodriguez, rats," Phillips' face was graced with a light smile. He truly would have been attractive if his personality wasn't utterly terrible.

The gang stood in silence. Smalls didn't question the looks going between the opposing baseball teams. He realized this was important and didn't want to cut the tension.

Ham spit upon Phillips feet, leading to an all out insult battle. Ham eventually winning.

"This isn't over! Tomorrow! We are playing and if we win we get the sandlot and Benny for our team!''

Phillips seemed to think his team was unable to lose, but he couldn't have been more wrong.

The sandlot would win the game and the sandlot. They would prove that they were not to be messed with after all.