Sappy Sleepovers and Surprised Sandlots

A/N the ages for characters in this story are-
Benny-17.
Everyone Else-16
Smalls-15
Charlie's POV

Yeah Yeah ended up spending the night at my house after my parents called to say they weren't coming home that night. It was apparently their anniversary. We spent awhile laughing and shuttering because of this.

Blankets and pillows covered the living room floor and couch cushions covered the extra spaces. I was wearing one of his old jerseys and leggings. He had on a plain black t-shirt and boxer shorts.

I cuddled deep within a large red cushion. Chuckling, no cackling, at a joke Yeah Yeah had just shared with me. These were the conversations I enjoyed most of all. The ones where everything was hilarious and you could share anything. The conversations that happen at 3 a.m. will always be my favorite.

As we sat there laughing in utter bliss I truly looked at him and I saw everything I was missing in my life. I saw a carefree attitude, a love for life, and most importantly, someone I couldn't imagine living without.

He was watching me study him, but he never commented on it. I think he was studying me as much I was him. Sitting across from each other I realized their was no other person for me. Alan 'Yeah Yeah' McClennan was my end game. And my emotions couldn't have been more confused about his.

I noticed Yeah Yeah was repeatedly looking down to my lips. I was frozen, staring at this boy that I had known my entire life. He leaned in closer to me as he gently touched the side of my face. My eyes fluttered shut at the touch of his rough hand. A hand that had held too many bats and caught too many baseballs.

My hands found the ends of his light hair and i ran my fingers through them. Our noses bumped together as our lips collided. It was far from a perfect kiss, it was slobbery and wet. But it was with someone I adored and that was all that mattered.

As we pulled away from each other I saw the largest smile on Yeah Yeah's face. If I was guessing correctly I looked the same.

"What does that mean?" Yeah Yeah asked blushing as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I- uh- does this mean we're like a thing?"

"Do you want to be?"

"Do you?"

"This is the most idiotic conversation. Look I've liked you for a really long time. And I would feel honored to call you mine. So- uh- would you like to be my girl?" Yeah Yeah said holding my hand in his own.

"I would love to Al!" I blushed even brighter and he gave me this cheesy grin.

"You will not believe how long I have wanted to hear you say that."

"Me too."

"Should we tell everyone?"

I thought about that for awhile. It wasn't like I was going to act that different around Yeah Yeah. Like I've waited so long for this I'm not going to pretend we aren't dating. But I don't want to go out of my way to tell them.

"I want to act like a couple and just be how we want to be. But I don't want to go out of our way to tell them. They'll find out either way so what's the point."