twenty eight

Chapter 28

Waking up the next morning in the most giddy, cheerful mood almost felt redundant. As if I was the cliché in a movie, and being this happy wasn't normal.

But here I was, waking up as normal as ever, next to someone I loved endlessly, and as happy as ever.

It was a strange concept really. Giving someone a part of my ever lasting love, and not being able to take it back. It was real and pure, and I didn't regret it in the slightest.

His sleeping figure wrapped in mine as the thin sheets entangle us more. I couldn't help but stare at his overwhelming beauty. The features so well put together that make up the very thing that he his, the very thing at I love.

I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face as his restless body stirred softly. His arm holding my body closer to his as he snuggled his curls further into my neck. The soft tips being rung around my fingertips as I play with his mop of hair.

"Good morning sleepyhead." I cooed as I playfully ruffled his hair. A few grunts and groans left his groggy state. "We've got a big day today. You need to get up." I say trying to wiggle from his hold, only causing him to hold on tighter. Light laughter left my lips as he started to tighten his grip along my torso, pulling me closer to him.

"Five more minutes," he spoke groggily. His voice deep and ridden with his restful night. I mustered enough strength to push us over so I was straddling his torso, his arms wound around my waist. His eyes open in surprise, but his lips set in a smirk. "I guess this isn't an awful wake-up call."

I look down to his bare torso as he takes in mine as well. Our naked bodies were only a symbol for our pure, naked love we shared. I lean down to kiss him slowly, our lips meeting in a low passion. I speak against his lips, "We need to get up."

He only smiles in return, flipping us over. Our faces mere inches apart as he hovers over me now. "I said five more minutes," is all he says before he kisses me once more.

--

"There she is," the mechanic spoke as he wiped his oil ridden hands upon a ratted, worn cloth. "She took a good beating, but it wasn't anything too rough. She's as good as, well, used. Can't say she's anywhere near new at this point." He laughed.

"Thank you so much, you're literally a life saver." I gushed with gratitude towards the mid-aged man.

"Yeah, we really appreciate it. How much do I owe you?" Harry asked reaching into his back pocket. We had discussed it on the way over, and I had stated that I didn't want him to pay for the repairs, that this was my idea and it was more my fault than anything. But as stubborn as they come, Harry wouldn't have it.

"Put your wallet away son, it's already been taken care of." The mechanic whose faded nametag upon his coveralls reads Frank.

"What? By who?"

"Some Rodney fellow. He paid everything over the phone last night, said he knew one of y'all was gonna try to pay for it and he wasn't about to let you do that. Said something about looking out for y'all." Frank spoke, all this sounding too much like Rodney to even question. "Looks like someone out there realy loves the two of you."

"Strangely enough," I speak out with a wide smile.

"Why don't you get in the car while I go get the paperwork and the keys, babe." Harry offered motioning towards the car. He placed a kiss upon my head and headed inside with Frank.