four

Chapter 4

After the movie we decided to head back home. Harry accompanied me considering he lived across the street. Despite my negative attitude towards Harry and his family, I was actually enjoying his company. Yeah, every now and then he'd show his annoying cocky side, but it was mainly just for the sake of a joke. Although I wanted to despise the kid, I couldn't. He had this charm that radiated anywhere he went. The way his laugh filled the air in a matter of seconds, to the way he runs his hand through his mop of curls, he was just simply intriguing.

We made small talk, and bantered back and forth about random things. I still haven't told him about Angie, and I don't plan on it. I really don't feel like I can exactly let him into my life like that just yet, or ever really.

We neared our street and walked closer to our homes. We stopped in the middle of the street in between our two houses. I kept my hands on the handlebars of my bike and fiddled with the rubber grips. I looked over at Harry and he was looking at his feet, kicking at the gravel in the road. I realized then that I still wanted Harry's presence around me. I didn't want us to go our separate ways just yet.

"Uhm.. If you want you can come over." I said avoiding eye contact. I tried to not sound too needy while I bravely looked up at Harry. "But I mean if you don't want to that's cool." I continued while shrugging.

"Yeah sure, why not. My parents are working anyways, so I'd be alone. Might as well be alone together." Harry said with a smirk.

--

Once I put my bike away in the garage, Harry and I went into the house through the garage door. I put the things I got from the farmers market in the fridge and set down the book on the counter. Harry followed behind me and took a seat at the island in the kitchen. I grabbed two water bottles out of the fridge and stood on the other side, across from Harry. I slid the bottle across the flat surface towards where he was seated. He mumbled a quiet thanks and took a sip.

"So.. what do you wanna do?" I asked while playing with the cap of the bottle.

"It's your house Poppy. What do you want to do?" Harry retorted with the same question. I stood there thinking of things we could do. It was kind of awkward to be honest. I wasn't too sure what Harry was interested in or what he liked to do in his freetime. I also didn't want to be boring and suggest just watching T.V.

I suppose Harry could sense my struggle and spoke up. "We could just hang out in your room I guess." I nodded and picked up the book from the counter. I led Harry up the stairs to my bedroom. Thank god I was well-organized. My room was never messy. Ever.

I opened the door and walked in, Harry following me and closing the door behind him. I placed the book on the desk while Harry took a seat on the edge of my bed. I took a seat at near the top of my bed, my back leaning up against the headboard. I grabbed one of my many stuffed animals next to me and started to play with the soft texture.

"Aren't you a little old to have that many stuffed animals?" Harry mockingly commented with a smirk. I blushed at his comment. He was right, it was just a little ridiculous to still hold onto such childish objects, but I didn't want to let them go. Like I said change scares me. Growing up involves change, and I'm not exactly ready for that.

"If you're just gonna be mean to me, you know where the front door is." I say while rolling my eyes and stare out the window to me left.

"I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything.. I'm sorry." Harry says. I can see him looking up at me in my peripheral vision. I decide to accept his apology and change the topic.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" I readjusted myself off the head board and sat up straight, legs crossed.

"Let's play a game." Harry said as he laid down on my bed and stared at the ceiling.