fourteen

chapter 14

Important authors note at the end so please read it!!!

-----

I stood their against the tree watching him gather that things out of the beach bag I brought. Placing towels out, and placing our clothes on a dry spot of land. I cant believe how that situation almost came to something so, intense. I wanted him more than I'd like to admit, and what scares me the most is how soon I have become so accustomed to him.

Okay, maybe my idea of "soon" is a little different from anyone else's, but I don't want this it lead to nothing. What I feel when I'm with Harry is something I haven't felt with anyone else. Granted I've only had a couple real relationships, one of which took a matter of months to even get in a first kiss. I couldn't explain it, it was just different.

Slowly I came back to reality after what felt like an eternity of internal conflict. Harry had already moved away from me and began to pick up a towel. I could tell he had been staring at me for a while, maybe admiring his work? Most likely wondering why I'd been standing their against the tree for much longer than expected.

I locked eyes with him, a smirk prominent on his face. "You coming in anytime soon, or you just gonna stay there?" he asked, the humor in his eyes never disappearing. I gave him a playful scowl as I pushed myself off the tree and towards the shimmering blue lake.

I made my way to the shore where the lake would ripple up due to boating activites, or the occasional summer storm. My bare feet came in contact with the cool water making me feel so noglastic as this is where I've spent most my life. This is all been such routine in my life that once something as simple as this, feels like a massive tidal wave of memories.

Before I even think about letting myself get wrapped up into the past, I stop. I don't want to dwell on it. At least, not now. Not with Harry here, not when he makes me feel like I can move on from the past as long as he's there.

I turn around, the water spashing up to my ankles and the summer breeze blowing back my hair and gaze over at Harry. I find him still standing there, almost as if he were stuck. His eyes were still glued to me.. in admiration? I could see something in his eyes. Something was there, something that could tell me the answers to any and all questions I would ever have about his feelings towards me. What he thought of us, the way he felt around me.

But sadly, I couldn't read him as easily as he could read me. His emotions always peaked trough his surface, but still stayed behind this window. Not quite ready to open the front door and step out, but almost there with a little time.

I couldn't balme him for keeping things to himself, I mean hell I'd be a hypocrite if I were to judge him for it. As close and comforted I feel when I'm around him I know there are things I would never even think about discussing, the main one being Angie. If I could get through the rest of my life without ever having to rip off that band-aid, then I would consider it a miracle.

"Whose the one just standing there now?" I smirked and cocked an eyebrow at him. I didn't have much time to react as he threw down the towel and ran towards me. My eyes widened as I realized he was coming to get me. I tried to run away but the water was slowing me down.

Before I know it a pair of hands go to my waist and turn me around. I squirm to get out of his embrace only causing him to tighten the grip on my waist. All I can hear is the mixture of Harry and I's laughter. The sound replaying in my mind, ringing in my ears. That noise, that was something I could listen to over and over. Almost like binge listening to your favorite song, only I wouldn't, couldn't ever get tired of that sound.

Being here, in Harry's arms laughing and playing, I realize that he has become my anchor. He's become my source of happiness when I once thought he'd only supply me with more sorrow.