17.

"Isn't is beautiful?" All those streaks of colour?"

They watched the sunset by the dock standing side by side. Only a few inches away, but Aeri didn't wanted to lessen the distance. It was already fine. Close but safe.

Safe.

With Mingyu? Her trust wasn't a hundred percent on him but there wasn't anyone else she could believe more. Besides, Mingyu just likes to treat every girl as his girlfriend probably even strangers. Well, just to see the look on him, quite stunning yet there was a hint of a pleasure-seeker.

"Hey, you didn't answered me," he interupted Aeri's thoughts as she was mesmerised by his smile. Not fabricated or false type of sarcastic signals which he typically offers, but rather one laces with sincerity. A complete and natural stretch of his lips that display a full set of healthy teeth, wow he managed to achieve that feature even living in an island?

"Aeri....hello?" Her eyes blinked and opened wide as she dropped back to reality, seeing Mingyu's hands waving right in front of her face.

"Uh? Oh yeah it's uh nice. Haven't seen beautiful things in life for such a long time. My life was just filled with black ashes,"

"Me too. Until you appeared as I was shirtless," he giggled, and back again to 'the smile' never stop teasing her.

"Can you just, ugh forget about that?" She shook her head as if the memory would just fall off from her brain.

"Okay. I was just trying to cheer you up."

"Too bad you failed," she glared at him and stared back to the view of the sea.

There was a few seconds moment of silence only the sound of the waves underneath them.

"I'm a virgin," he suddenly opens the topic out of nowhere.

Aeri didn't know how to react. Pitiful? Disgusted? Happy? She turned to him who was standing a few steps away from her back.

"And your main point is?"

"I'm just lying. Well- pfft I did once or twice-"

"Once or twice and you're calling yourself a virgin?" Aeri was still in shock to listen.

"Look. I may seem like I talk to a lot of girls, sleep with them randomly and having one night stands but all my life I've just only dated this one girl. Then she left me."

Probably she only wanted you for looks and that damn body, she thought.

She kept staring into his dark brown eyes, searching where was the lie.

"It's okay if you're not comfortable with me, probably because my awesome yet attractive personality but I just want to assure you that I won't do anything stupid to you,"

Suddenly Aeri inched closer to him, their bodies where almost in contact. She lifted her face towards him, he was tall, kind of an embarrassment to tiptoe a bit but her eyes were furious. It felt awkward for him, his eyes widen to witness Aeri's actions.

"I trust you. Now don't waste it," she slowly whispered and teased him by giving a pat on his chest before heading back to the jeep.

"Hey! Wait up!" He chased her and tried to stop her while reaching for an arm.

"You said you trusted me right?"

"So?"

"I want to take you somewhere. It's a weekend. I've always wanted to take my parents to that place but never got the chance. Since you're here, I'll bring you instead,"

She raised an eyebrow interpreting what he just said. So, this meant she was also special to him that made her the same level as his parents?

"It's not what you expect. Just bringing you there as like a.. sister. You call my parents 'mom' and 'dad' too don't you deny that"

"No I don't-"

"I've heard. Geez, we live in the same house and you're still covering it all up? Please, Aeri," he babbled in frustration.

It was kind of cute to see him being slightly angry.

"Alright. Where is thay we are going, oppa?" She gave a sarcastic tone.

"What did you call me again?" He suddenly smiled as placing a hand at the back of his ear getting more attention what he just heard.

"Prick," she grinned.